Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Hamblin

A AA state duels

Recommended Posts

This is what I've seen on Track. Could be wrong about it, though.

 

R1 - Greeneville

R2 - ?

R3 - Alcoa

R4 - Assuming Hixson...but haven't seen anything

R5 - I think takes place tonight

R6 - Nolensville

R7 - Greenbrier

R8 - Fairview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:15 PM, Hamblin said:

Greenbrier advances from region 7 to the small school state duels.

Any other results?

"Duels"???  Can we stop calling it duels.  It is a DUAL.  With an A.  

You all want us to take A/AA seriously and you can't even get this right.  

Edited by ObserverW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ObserverW said:

"Duels"???  Can we stop calling it duels.  It is a DUAL.  With an A.  

You all want us to take A/AA seriously and you can't even get this right.  

Traditionally we have always called our matches between schools "duals" but the actual definition of the word dual...is having two parts as in " Dual exhausts". Conversely the definition of the word duel is a conflict between two entities. Not saying hes right or wrong but the definition of the word duel actually seems to be more appropriate considering. I wouldnt beat him up too bad for using either of the two. ;-):D

Edited by DAKEKO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I was gonna ignore him but I just cant.

Definition of dual. Consisting of 2 parts, elements or aspects.

Definition of duel. A contest between 2 persons or parties.

One can be a duel dummy by virtue of being the loser. But one can't be a dual dummy, unless they have a partner who is just as dumb as them.

Which sort of dummy are you?:wink:

 

Edited by Hamblin
Correct language
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

Well I was gonna ignore him but I just cant.

Definition of dual. Consisting of 2 parts, elements or aspects.

Definition of duel. A contest between 2 persons or parties.

One can be a duel dummy by virtue of being the loser. But one can't be a dual dummy, unless they have a partner who is just as dumb as them.

Which sort of dummy are you?:wink:

 

:lol::lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is called a Dual meet as in two teams. If you have three teams competing against each other on a given night it is a Tri-meet and if you have 4 teams it is a Quad- meet. 

 

I get that Duel sounds cooler but it is actually Dual as in two, meaning two teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SDTrojanJack said:

It is called a Dual meet as in two teams. If you have three teams competing against each other on a given night it is a Tri-meet and if you have 4 teams it is a Quad- meet. 

 

I get that Duel sounds cooler but it is actually Dual as in two, meaning two teams.

 

 

Yes I get it. A dual, tri, and quad informs us of the number of teams involved. By your definition you will be dualing, triing, and quading the other teams instead of dueling each team. For the record spell check wouldnt allow me to use those three descriptions, I had to override spell check. Maybe spell check is onto something? 

If you guys want to cry about the word I use then by all means go ahead. 

Have a nice day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...