A8 Refs are getting worse every game

reasonable14

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, chattaboom said:

These are not A8 refs, but instead they are Chattanooga.  This is why parents and fans are disappointed with the level of what TSSAA is putting on the court.  This was a no call possession that changed the outcome of a district championship game.

https://youtu.be/Po8guHRaXMU

The block may have been the least of the three fouls.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:24 AM, OrangeGuru said:

Yes I've seen the article by Mr Kreager and I looked at other information involving altercations and fights in high school athletics. Seems like it a problem that just now emerging but actually its just now being caught on camera. Mr. Kreager not attending games is the same reaction some schools who have had these issues consistently are beginning to wake up to. . other schools just do not schedule these schools. From what I have read, the schools that more often than not have the issues are the same ones year after year until a new administrator at the school steps in or a coaching change is made that corrects an attitude which has been allowed to take hold is eliminated. I do have a problem with TSSAA. They blame everyone else for problems which they control. Officiating is just one example. Moms, Dads, Coaches and Fans have absolutely nothing to do with the way the games are called but yet TSSAA wants to put out a newspaper article admonishing parent and fans for not be willing to accept more often than has to be poorly officiated games.

The way to get Kreager to your ball game is have a well-stocked hospilitality room!!

• Like 1

I've heard a lot of complaining about refs. How they missed this call and that call. It seems to me 10 or more people on hear are very good at seeing all the fouls. But one thing I haven't heard is " I would like to get into officiating so I can raise the quality of the game. Wonder why I haven't heard that.

And for the question about getting the checks before the game, Have you ever tried to get a check from a team who just lost by 2 and they blame you?   Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, SMOOTHBLUE said:

I've heard a lot of complaining about refs. How they missed this call and that call. It seems to me 10 or more people on hear are very good at seeing all the fouls. But one thing I haven't heard is " I would like to get into officiating so I can raise the quality of the game. Wonder why I haven't heard that.

And for the question about getting the checks before the game, Have you ever tried to get a check from a team who just lost by 2 and they blame you?   Good luck with that.

Did you think the officiating in the video was acceptable?

On 2/15/2019 at 4:42 PM, IrishBBall said:

The block may have been the least of the three fouls.

There honestly wasn’t much on the first of your 3 fouls!  The first contact was caused by the guard.  The 2nd was definitely a foul, the 3rd was a block.  Not hung pretty about the play.  Just who causes the contact

On 2/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, SMOOTHBLUE said:

Pretty easy to smoke out the sensitive officials. What I'd like to hear is some of our lack luster officials trying to raise our their own quality. Besides it would not be the right thing for many folks to begin calling games until their kids are not participating in the sports. Then you will see a handful I've talked with step back into the games. Always telling someone to get a whistle and sign up might ought to be rethought since some of them have and will again but did the proper thing when their children are active participants. 

On 1/30/2019 at 8:04 PM, tradertwo said:

Perfectly worded!!! Lots of people take too much offense when fans "gripe" about the officiating. I too have seen plenty of capable officials, and games which were called correctly... the misconception is that the grumbling stems from a dislike of all officials, when in fact the majority of them do a pretty good job. The "problem" is the lack of accountability from the administration for those who are less than adequate.

Just my two cents but in the last few years I had taken on administrative duties and was the game administrator at over 30 middle school basketball games. There were several games that I worked in which the refs acknowledged that the fans cause them to think long and hard about continuing to call games. This was just in talking to them when giving them their checks before or after games. It is a real thing with a lot of refs. In that regard I did everything in my power to remove fans who could not act appropriately. Refs appreciated that. 

2 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

You are joking, arent you?  12 committed 2 different fouls, and 3 fouled on the shot, and none of those were incidental contact. No opinion, those are facts. 

I’m a little curious about the block shot.  The quality isn’t great, it just looks like she blocked her from behind.  There’s nothing wrong with that.  Just because it doesn’t look orthodox doesn’t mean it’s wrong bud.  12 did foul the guard at mid court.  I’m not saying you couldn’t call a ticky tack on the first one, but you have to take into account that the guard changed her direction into the defense and caused most of the contact doing so

23 minutes ago, myadvice said:

I’m a little curious about the block shot.  The quality isn’t great, it just looks like she blocked her from behind.  There’s nothing wrong with that.  Just because it doesn’t look orthodox doesn’t mean it’s wrong bud.  12 did foul the guard at mid court.  I’m not saying you couldn’t call a ticky tack on the first one, but you have to take into account that the guard changed her direction into the defense and caused most of the contact doing so

The first foul was the worst and could have been called flagrant. She hit her in the head with an elbow. The second was more than obvious. The block wasn’t the foul, it was the girl in front with the hack and body.  So you think an offensive player can’t change direction on a dribble?  It’s obvious that you don’t know the game or the rules, along with a lot of officials. 

16 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

The first foul was the worst and could have been called flagrant. She hit her in the head with an elbow. The second was more than obvious. The block wasn’t the foul, it was the girl in front with the hack and body.  So you think an offensive player can’t change direction on a dribble?  It’s obvious that you don’t know the game or the rules, along with a lot of officials. 

10/4!  Flagrant!  You’re my hero!  Hahahahha!  You saying flagrant sums the whole conversation up