TOP 10: Assistants in 6A and 5A

DillonPanthers1

Who are the guys that have proven their worth and will be getting a shot at being a head coach very soon?

Who are the guys content with being coordinators or a position coach that really don't have any aspirations to be the head guy?

Who are the guys that have previously had shots at being head coach and it just did'nt pan out, but now mean everything to the staff they are on?

Who are the guys that no head coach can do without?

Give me who you got and why.

MOJO

Edited by DillonPanthers1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, DillonPanthers1 said:

Who are the guys that have proven their worth and will be getting a shot at being a head coach very soon?

Who are the guys content with being coordinators or a position coach that really don't have any aspirations to be the head guy?

Who are the guys that have previously had shots at being head coach and it just did'nt pan out, but now mean everything to the staff they are on?

Who are the guys that no head coach can do without?

Give me who you got and why.

MOJO

I would agree with Utsportsfan...Justin Anderson does an incredible job at Knoxville Catholic. I mean he has tutored both Mays boys. Also Byron Tucker...(check spelling). I know he controls a lot of the run game at Knoxville Catholic. I would look for him to be next in line if and when Matthews ever steps down.

• Like 1

I think Anthony Brown DC at Hillsboro is the next great Metro Nashville coach. I believe he is the coach in waiting for the Boros's (could be wrong). Also Chacorey Davis at East Lit. who won Metro assistant of the year. Just a couple that I think are bright young minds. . Zach White, Chase Howland, and Freshman Coach Colt Carver at MJ (the skinny one not the fat guy) are all going to be great head coaches one day as well.

Edited by My28SweepRight
  • Upvote 1

Metro has a lot of great assistant coaches, Coach Davis at East must be doing something right, as he was recognized for it.  The DC at Hillsboro consistently has a great and talented defense.  Don't sleep on Hillwood's OC (name escapes me).  Watching them was a lot of fun and they utilized their talent well.  Interested to see what they do in their HC search

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Stephen Jackson, Oakland DC. He gets overshadowed because of the talent and the reputation of his boss, but the only reason he isn't a HC is by choice

I totally agree with you 100% on this one! That guy is maybe the top defensive mind in the state! CKC will tell you himself he would'nt have had the kind of success he has had without Coach Jackson.

MOJO

• Like 1