2018-2019 Miss Basketball Nominations

WolfPack101

I think you are right on it in Class A. Chloe Moore and Tess Darby take turns having big nights for Greenfield. Teams have a hard time shutting down either but you can’t double team them both, they both can take over a game single handed. Both girls were nominated last year and both are class acts on and off the floor. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Class 1A- Tess Darby, Chole Moore was there last year and there very good players and deserve to be there again. They both are very good scorers and are juniors.The Monday twins are very good player as well and deserve to be there. One is a great scorer but both are great defenders. Class 2A- Gracee Dishman was there last year and has scored over 2400 points in career and averaging 30 a game just like last year and deserves to be there again and I think shes a senior. Keeley Carter is a good choice too but I haven't heard how shes doing this year. Braelyn Wykle is another girl in east Tennessee that is averaging about 24 a game . Class 3A- Jayla Hemingway is a good choice and is having a great season and averaging 24 a game. Both Hayes girls are really good players from Murfreesboro and deserve to be on there. Courtney Whitson is from east Tennessee and is averaging 24 a game and really playing well.

• Upvote 1

Oak Ridge's Jada Guinn in Class AAA is regularly tossing in 30+ points, giving out assists, pulling down rebounds and making steals. Oak Ridge will be playing in one of the brackets at the Nike Tournament of Champions in Arizona this week so it will be interesting to see how the Tennessee Tech commitment does against National players.

I guess Jada chances are probably based on how well the Lady Wildcats do as a team. Tennessee is so loaded with great players it is very hard to be considered for Miss Basketball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uconnfan said:

Class 1A- Tess Darby, Chole Moore was there last year and there very good players and deserve to be there again. They both are very good scorers and are juniors.The Monday twins are very good player as well and deserve to be there. One is a great scorer but both are great defenders. Class 2A- Gracee Dishman was there last year and has scored over 2400 points in career and averaging 30 a game just like last year and deserves to be there again and I think shes a senior. Keeley Carter is a good choice too but I haven't heard how shes doing this year. Braelyn Wykle is another girl in east Tennessee that is averaging about 24 a game . Class 3A- Jayla Hemingway is a good choice and is having a great season and averaging 24 a game. Both Hayes girls are really good players from Murfreesboro and deserve to be on there. Courtney Whitson is from east Tennessee and is averaging 24 a game and really playing well.

I agree about you about Gracee Dishman and Wykle.

The Hayes’ that I was referring to are from two different schools - Aislynn is at Riverdale, Madison at East Hamilton. There is no relation between the two either.

Edited by GCPioneer

Normally 9 times out of 10, the finalists have been nominated the previous year....

A: Tess Darby, Chloe Moore, one of the January twins from Clarkrange

AA: Gracee Dishman, Braelyn Wykle, Keeley Carter

AAA: Jayla Hemingway, Jada Guinn, Madison Hayes, Aislynn Hayes, Courtney Whitson (1 or 2 more have a case)

• Upvote 1