2018-2019 Miss Basketball Nominations

WolfPack101

33 minutes ago, coachinclinic said:

People need to get their heads out of the west tn sand. Last time I checked they play ball the second time you cross the Tennessee river going to the right. Write this name down "Samantha Russell" already signed division 1. The reason you'll be hearing lots about her this year she has pieces around her this year. 

Good player... but Young Harris is not Division 1.... 

Tellico Plains is having a good season though. 

Edited by GCPioneer

On 12/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge's Jada Guinn in Class AAA is regularly tossing in 30+ points, giving out assists, pulling down rebounds and making steals. Oak Ridge will be playing in one of the brackets at the Nike Tournament of Champions in Arizona this week so it will be interesting to see how the Tennessee Tech commitment does against National players.

I guess Jada chances are probably based on how well the Lady Wildcats do as a team. Tennessee is so loaded with great players it is very hard to be considered for Miss Basketball.

Well Willie Oak Ridge won the championship in the "Mike" division of the tournament, they went 4-0.

Senior guard, Braelyn Wykle from South Greene should definitely be in consideration. She has been a key player since her Freshman year for the Rebels. She missed the first half of her Junior year due to injury and was not 100% during the remainder of the season. She has came out this year on fire. She is always fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2018 at 8:15 PM, Rebel82 said:

Senior guard, Braelyn Wykle from South Greene should definitely be in consideration. She has been a key player since her Freshman year for the Rebels. She missed the first half of her Junior year due to injury and was not 100% during the remainder of the season. She has came out this year on fire. She is always fun to watch.

100% agree. 2 state championships under her belt as a Freshman and a Sophomore. Down some of her junior year but came back scoring 30+ ever since then on any given night. Very deserving young lady with one of the best attitudes and has worked very hard. 

17 hours ago, EastTNfan20 said:

100% agree. 2 state championships under her belt as a Freshman and a Sophomore. Down some of her junior year but came back scoring 30+ ever since then on any given night. Very deserving young lady with one of the best attitudes and has worked very hard. 

She came back from her injury during the Ladies Classic of 2017. She was tentative and passed up shots. Coming back from an injury will do that. I saw her play Greeneville and Morristown West shortly after and could tell that she was getting stronger. Later, an improved Greeneville team short-circuited South Greene in the tournament and their season was finished. This season, I saw Wykle against Grainger and in all four games during the 2018 Ladies Classic and can say that she is fully recovered and playing lights out. She should at least be a finalist. She's a tough kid with talent and heart.

Edited by Americal198
clarity
  • Upvote 1