2018-2019 Miss Basketball Nominations

WolfPack101

• 2 weeks later...

McDonalds All American nominees came out today and Tennessee had some girls nominated. Gracee Dishman from 2AA Cumberland county, Aislynn Hayes from 3AAA Riverdale, Jayla Hemingway from 3AAA Houston, Courtney Whitson 3AAA Dobbs-Bennett, Lanetta Williams 3AAA Arlington, Donita Waggoner Ensworth, Esmery Martinez Hamilton Heights. This is a big honor for  these girls and I thought it needed to be known for Miss Basketball nominations.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, uconnfan said:

McDonalds All American nominees came out today and Tennessee had some girls nominated. Gracee Dishman from 2AA Cumberland county, Aislynn Hayes from 3AAA Riverdale, Jayla Hemingway from 3AAA Houston, Courtney Whitson 3AAA Dobbs-Bennett, Lanetta Williams 3AAA Arlington, Donita Waggoner Ensworth, Esmery Martinez Hamilton Heights. This is a big honor for  these girls and I thought it needed to be known for Miss Basketball nominations.

Whitson of DB is a great kid and one of the best girls basketball players I have ever seen.  Hope she gets nominated for Miss Basketball.

Ive seen Whitson play and she can play and she carried her self very well on the court and off. I think she is a very good kid, Ive also seen Dishman play and she is same way on and off the court and is a very good kid and I also read where she was over 2700 points as of right now and the article said she was headed for 3000 if no injuries. Theres not very many girls ever hit that goal, Ive also seen Waggoner play and really liked her game she seems like a great player. Ive seen Hayes girl play a lot and she is a player and a good kid. Ive also seen Hemingway play and she is a player to but Ive not seen Williams play but heard a lot about her. The girl at Hamilton Heights Ive never seen play but I bet shes a player if shes playing there. Good Luck to these girls and this is a big accomplishment.I hope these girls get nominated for Miss Basketball because they all deserve it.

• Like 1

I just don't know the AA, AAA players as well, but from this Gibson Countian and "rival" of Greenfield....in Single A, I'd go with Chloe Moore. She controls the game, doesn't turn it over, defends, gets a lot of other players their shots, and scores...whenever she wants too. She's a very talented basketball player and has a bright future. 

Edited by SuperFan14A

The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards will be presented to the top girls and boys in five classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association at the state basketball championships in March.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

The awards will be presented to the top girls and boys in five classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association on the floor of Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University at a time and date to be announced in mid-February. A reception for the finalists and their families will be held prior to the awards presentation.

Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes, and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the award.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification. You may nominate up to three players in each classification for the awards. It is not necessary to nominate three players in every category, but that is your option. Also, please take into account the statewide aspect of this award as you consider your nominations.