2018-2019 Miss Basketball Nominations

WolfPack101

On 1/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, uconnfan said:

Jada Guinn has some really nice stats for her career at Oak Ridge and should be considered for Miss Basketball in 3AAA. Gracee Dishman has had a great career at Cumberland County and I seen her play as a freshman against 3AAA Riverdale in Sub State and as a Sophomore in sub state and scored over 30 both games and then has played really well in 2AA the last two years since they went to 2AA. I think she is a front runner in 2AA Miss Basketball. I also like Chole Moore from Greenfield in1A. I saw her and Dishman play against each other in AAU this summer and they both put on a show. It was a very good game. Whitson from Dobbs-Bennett in 3AAA has very good stats and has over 2000 points and 1000 rebounds and is a very good player and fun to watch. She has had a great career there. I really like Jayla Hemingway at Houston 3AAA and seen her play AAU and is fun to watch but I don't know her stats. Cassie Monday at Clarkrange in 1A is a great player to consider for a nomination. Riverdale in 3AAA has Aislynn Hayes and ive seen her play and is a very good player but I haven't seen her stats but I know she was nominated with Dishman, Whitson, Hemingway, Williams, Waggoner for McDonalds All-American. Don't Know anything about Williams from Arlington but have seen Waggoner play at Ensworth and she can play and deserves a chance.

Courtney Whitson is the real deal. 52%for 2 pt  goals,43% for threes and 77% for free throws. Most of the time she is double and triple teamed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

What does the quality of teams Macon and Upperman play have to do with Miss Basketball?  

Quality of competition that players get their stats against. What kind of team a school will have next year has no bearing on a players accomplishments this year. 

1 hour ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

How bad again did Macon beat you all by last year? 

Again, this is a miss basketball 2018-2019 thread. If you have a valid candidate throw them out there and compare. If not, quit showing you ignorance and lack of class by trying to bash players that you envy. 

• Upvote 1

Dishman can play, the kid has worked hard and put up the numbers and will be deserving of the trophy.  She has been fortunate to play for a program that lets her play, shoot as much as she likes and the coach, her aunt is very encouraging and does not play mind games with her like alot of  local coaches do with their players holding them back for whatever reasons. She is very fortunate to have had the opportunity most others dont get . This year she deserves the trophy, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Again, this is a miss basketball 2018-2019 thread. If you have a valid candidate throw them out there and compare. If not, quit showing you ignorance and lack of class by trying to bash players that you envy. 

Again,  I am bashing no one!  You were questioning the level of teams Upperman and Macon have played.  I simply pointed out that they did play quality teams in Arizona. 

Madison Hayes from East Hamilton: has offers from practically every Division 1 program except UConn and Notre Dame.  She is a Junior and has already scored 2000 career points and pulled 1000 career rebounds!  

I see what Indian mentioned as more of a positive than a negative.  Not to disrespect her surrounding cast (all good girls that play hard), but she is having to carry much more of the load than any coach would want their top player to be burdened with.  Yes, the team results have been below their standards ... but that is NO REFLECTION of the work that Madison Hayes is doing on the court!  Double and Triple teams are the norm ... and she still produces!