2018-2019 Miss Basketball Nominations

WolfPack101

12 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Need some suggestions from Division 2 teams please!

Division II-A

Casey Collier - Knoxville Webb

Emily Jones - USJ

Claire Brock - CAK

Sydneey Boykin - Clarksville Academy

Division II-AA

Dontavia Waggoner - Ensworth

Kaiya Wynn - Ensworth

Blair Schoenwald - Brentwood Academy

Maggin Brown - Brentwood Academy

Raegyn Conley - Baylor

3 hours ago, Indian said:

East Hamilton's less than expected results probably sink her. 

If Madison Hayes is not up for Miss Basketball this year, this award is an injustice to her and the work she's put in. She's had the best season of anyone, regardless of class, in the state of Tennessee.

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, sharetheball said:

Courtney Whitson for Tennessee AAA Miss Basketball. Only 16 points away from becoming the all time leading scorer, boys and girls, at historic Dobyns-Bennett high school, she has 2218 points. Whitson is averaging 24.9 poaints per game and 10.1 rebounds. She’s the only player to ever become a member of the 1000 point / 1000 rebound club, much less the 2000/1000 club. Leading AAA Girls Basketball with 13 double doubles this season, Courtney has amassed 75 career double doubles at DB. If you get a chance to go watch her play it’s worth your time. She’s a tough competitor and just as big in character. Nominate and vote for Courtney Whitson 2019 Tennessee AAA Miss Basketball 

Ive seen Whitson play and is well deserving as Miss Basketball. This is a great accomplishment to break all time record and she will. Congratulations for your hard work. I seen where Dishman from Cumberland County scored over 2800 in the win at White County Saturday night. I think she will hit 3000 and only three girls in state has ever done that and all of them won Miss Basketball. Both these girls are great competitors and deserve to win.

• Like 1

Greenfield has two girls well deserving of Miss Basketball once again.

Tess Darby of Greenfield is playing better right now than she has ever played. She has taken her game inside and is now averaging 10 rebounds a game plus she will get you 20 pts every night.  

Really proud of Tess and Chloe Moore who does it all. Chloe gets her 20 pts and makes everybody better, the sky is the limit for her. Both are very unselfish players and worthy of being a Miss Basketball nominee again. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

In 2018-'19, Class AA Cumberland County's Gracee Dishman averages 29.7 PPG, 4.1 rebounds and 3.1 steals per game this season while shooting 51.3% from the field. Dishman is a McDonald's All-American nomination this season as well. The Lady Jets are 20-4 this season.

In non-district games, Dishman averages 30.5 points per game. Non-district opponents include Class AAA #2 Maryville, Class AAA #10 White County, Class AA #9 Westview, Class A #2 Clarkrange, Stone Memorial (15-5) and Kingston (18-4). Dishman scored 40 on Kingston and 38 most recently on White County.

In District 7AA games, Dishman averages 27.2. People continuously bring up how bad District 7AA is as a negative against Dishman, but playing in that district negatively affects her season averages due to limited minutes in blowouts.