2018-2019 Miss Basketball Nominations

WolfPack101

This is a great list of girls in all divisions and a great accomplishment. Im really impressed with the freshman being nominated in single A from Loretto.She has a lot competition with Moore from Greenfield. Ive seen Moore play and shes D-1 also. I have not seen girl from Trinity Christian play but she has good stats. Dishman in 2AA has the best stats all around in state. I read today she has 2877 points going into her next game Friday. Read Crossville Chronicle and read all of her accomplishments. Ive seen Carter from Brainerd play when she was at another school and she can play. Wykle from South Greene has very good stats and deserves to be in the nomination but I have not seen her play. Hayes from East Hamilton has very good stats as a junior and will play big time. Jada Guinn from Oak Ridge has had a great season and some good numbers and is going to Tennessee Tech. Hemingway from Houston is a top scorer from West Tennessee and putting up good numbers. Ive seen Collier play from Knoxville Webb in AAU and she is a player in Division II- A. I have not seen other two play in that division but both has good numbers. Seen Waggoner and Wynn play at Ensworth  in DivisionII-AA and both of these girls are players and put up good numbers. Brown at Brentwood Academy is a player and have seen her play and she can play the game. Congratulations to all these girls in every division.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, GCPioneer said:

A couple of surprises, not at who is on there, but who was left off... all are deserving. Congrats!

Agree. In single A - Darby must have been left off this year to keep from splitting the vote between her and Moore again. She definitely one of top two in the state. IMO Mr/Miss Basketball should be a senior awarded after the tourneys with a culmination of their overall high school career and accomplishments. Too many girls nominated that play weak schedules and can pad their stats. Need to have other accolades and accomplishments to tie them to the award.

Edited by AllVolHere
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 4:24 PM, uconnfan said:

<Quote>This is a great list of girls in all divisions and a great accomplishment... Wykle from South Greene has very good stats and deserves to be in the nomination but I have not seen her play...<End Quote>

Wykle's mother played basketball for South Greene and her father was the QB for the SG football team. Her two older sisters, who also played for South Greene, helped pave the way for her in basketball. Both have gone on to college  careers in athletics.

Braelyn Wykle is a fundamentally sound basketball player. She is the kind of player who never fails to meet expectations.

Edited by Americal198
clarity

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

I agree 110%....I believe Chloe Moore and Tess Darby both should be on that list in Single A. I'm sure Greenfield Fan would agree with me on this post. 

Chloe & Tess are both better this year than last year. If they deserved Miss Basketball last year then there’s no doubt they deserved it this year, nothing against the two others nominated. Tess has improved her game every year and she was District MVP & All State as a freshman.

BE5A7D1E-594C-4CFA-A222-90577DE7E83D.jpeg

Edited by Greenfieldfan

The best single A player in the State is none other than Karly Weathers from Loretto!   SEC offers before you play your first high school game.  She is going to be fun to watch the rest of her High School years.  Father 18 year MLB veteran, mother All-American basketball at Belmont.  Older Brother was the Gatorade Baseball National Player of the year last year.  Karley already has 3 AAU national championship rings and a volleyball state ring.  Oh and by the way her little sister is a 6th grader and was MVP of the middle school basketball Sectional tournament last week.  If you have the opportunity go watch her play sometime.  

Edited by Timeslowdownplease
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Can’t wait to see her play. She must have big time stats to make a Miss Basketball finalist as a freshman. Could you post them for us. 

Pretty sure she is averaging about 20 ppg and shoots 80% from the line. I don’t know all her other stats but she is very good for a freshman and makes her teammates better, she gets everyone on the team good looks at the basket.

Edited by cbballfan
  • Like 1