DCA coach?

CatsBy90

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, CatsBy90 said:

With Winfree stepping down at the end of the season, just wanted to see if there was any rumors of who they were going to hire? Any one interested of note? Will they promote within?

Great question.You got any names? Likely they wouldn’t have posted if they planned an inside promotion to HC. Any current or former assistants who might be interested? 

1 hour ago, RevRoundball95 said:

Great question.You got any names? Likely they wouldn’t have posted if they planned an inside promotion to HC. Any current or former assistants who might be interested? 

Have not heard of any specific names. Hearing there might be interest in the building? His daughter is an assistant, would not be surprised to see it be passed down to her if she is interested. 

We dont know.  

DCA girls hoops sleeping giant.    Got the talent in the school and can win now.  

Candidates who I think would do well.   Lot of great candidates inside and outside the school.  

My best guess would be: 

Patton, Van Atta, Shepard, Loftis  - if they go young.   

Out of those 4, General myself, but it will be fun to watch.   

Experienced:

Hawks at FCS - would be a great selection.   Probably happy at FCS, and lots of young talent.   Needs talent, but can win.    

All will be great choices.   

4 hours ago, CatsBy90 said:

Smoke, not sure who the first person you referenced is. The others are in house people I believe. Sounds like if true the chances of an in house hire are high. What are you hearing PC? 

Not really heard anything other than lots of folks interested. The last hire made by the admin was a huge homerun (Paul Wade) so I trust this will be the same.

20 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Not really heard anything other than lots of folks interested. The last hire made by the admin was a huge homerun (Paul Wade) so I trust this will be the same.

Do you see anyone that SS listed above getting a shot at it? I think we are losing a lot with 3 seniors leaving and only have 7 on the roster this season to begin with. 

3 hours ago, CatsBy90 said:

Do you see anyone that SS listed above getting a shot at it? I think we are losing a lot with 3 seniors leaving and only have 7 on the roster this season to begin with. 

Nine played this year. Three underclassmen (6’3” Jr, 5’11” soph, 5’10” fr) may return. Only two 8th graders coming up but a great 7th grade PG could possibly be moved up to HS. Should have between 12-15 next season. Losing the 3 Srs will be a blow but  if those 3 others return they will be fine.

I think rhe folks mentioned by SS all have a chance as well as others. I have heard of some great candidates that are interested so maybe another Wade type hire is in the future? The talent in the lower grades is better than ever so it will be fun.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:50 PM, Playerscoach said:

Nine played this year. Three underclassmen (6’3” Jr, 5’11” soph, 5’10” fr) may return. Only two 8th graders coming up but a great 7th grade PG could possibly be moved up to HS. Should have between 12-15 next season. Losing the 3 Srs will be a blow but  if those 3 others return they will be fine.

I think rhe folks mentioned by SS all have a chance as well as others. I have heard of some great candidates that are interested so maybe another Wade type hire is in the future? The talent in the lower grades is better than ever so it will be fun.

Rumor mill:

Coach out of Chattanooga.    

Hearing they are letting the season play out and teaching position could determine role.  If you can currently teach physics or drama, you should apply.   

Also need a volleyball coach, but have a lot of solid coaches there as well in lower grades.   

Personally on volleyball - 

Keep Dunlap involved - JMO

Edited by SmokeStackI

4 hours ago, SmokeStackI said:

Rumor mill:

Coach out of Chattanooga.    

Hearing they are letting the season play out and teaching position could determine role.  If you can currently teach physics or drama, you should apply.   

Also need a volleyball coach, but have a lot of solid coaches there as well in lower grades.   

Personally on volleyball - 

Keep Dunlap involved - JMO

Chattanooga? Care to share a name if you have one? Good coach?