DCA coach?

CatsBy90

7 hours ago, CatsBy90 said:

Just heard they did interview someone from Good Pasture. Not sure if it was her or not.

Why do you fuel his ignorance? He cleary lied and you know he did. I know that you know he did because I know you and your relationship to the school. 

You know the Wade hire was a homerun. Lets see how this plays out. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Why do you fuel his ignorance? He cleary lied and you know he did. I know that you know he did because I know you and your relationship to the school. 

You know the Wade hire was a homerun. Lets see how this plays out. 

I have heard this from many people. I am pretty confident we interviewed someone over there. Is that false info?

• 2 weeks later...

The month of May will be here in 2 days. One thing remains the same. We still have no coach. What is the hold up? Did every one turn us down? Have we already hired someone in house, and are waiting to announce it?

I know previous years both our boys and girls have did some type of camps where they play summer games. Is this eliminated now with such a late hire?

The timeline on this “nation wide” search has been ridiculous. We are going on 6 months now and the only thing anyone is hearing is rumors. The following coaches have either been seen, contacted, or just plain lied about having interest either way

Silverdale Coach

BA assistant 

Harding Academy Coach

2 Goodpasture Assistants (Boys & Girls)

Lipscomb Coach

Not to mention the ones who are already in the building. This is building up to be a monumental let down, especially if they just give it to an internal person like Winfree’s daughter, Holden, or the MS coach. Should be interesting to see how this plays out with Sunmer right around the corner.

1 hour ago, WaReAgLe3 said:

The timeline on this “nation wide” search has been ridiculous. We are going on 6 months now and the only thing anyone is hearing is rumors. The following coaches have either been seen, contacted, or just plain lied about having interest either way

Silverdale Coach

BA assistant 

Harding Academy Coach

2 Goodpasture Assistants (Boys & Girls)

Lipscomb Coach

Not to mention the ones who are already in the building. This is building up to be a monumental let down, especially if they just give it to an internal person like Winfree’s daughter, Holden, or the MS coach. Should be interesting to see how this plays out with Sunmer right around the corner.

Some valid points. Im a huge advocate and supporter of the school but both the volleyball and basketball positions have been open since the fall. Regardless of whether this has been the process  Goodwin the AD wanted all along it has allowed folks inside and outside the school to get antsy/frustrated. Its a great reason why a new girls only AD should happen immediately.  Theres so much time needed to all the sports it would help all the sports to have two ADs. 

I fully support the head master but his AD has definently allowed frustration to surface even if this was his hiring plan all along. The good news though is his last hire was a home run in Wade. 

Where I disagree with post is that the hiring of an internal candidate is a let down. There is a quality internal candidate that while lacking a lengthy resume he would be a good hire. If he is hired though its only fair he/she be able to hire his own assistant because putting his stamp on the new program is vital to its growth. 

On 5/3/2019 at 10:29 AM, Playerscoach said:

Some valid points. Im a huge advocate and supporter of the school but both the volleyball and basketball positions have been open since the fall. Regardless of whether this has been the process  Goodwin the AD wanted all along it has allowed folks inside and outside the school to get antsy/frustrated. Its a great reason why a new girls only AD should happen immediately.  Theres so much time needed to all the sports it would help all the sports to have two ADs. 

I fully support the head master but his AD has definently allowed frustration to surface even if this was his hiring plan all along. The good news though is his last hire was a home run in Wade. 

Where I disagree with post is that the hiring of an internal candidate is a let down. There is a quality internal candidate that while lacking a lengthy resume he would be a good hire. If he is hired though its only fair he/she be able to hire his own assistant because putting his stamp on the new program is vital to its growth. 

You make some good points here. I don’t think it matters at this point. I know many girls who are basketball players that are already leaving school. I have heard they may have found the coach, but if rumors are true, these girls will not be staying at DCA with that hire. Good luck to the Cats in the future. 

13 hours ago, CatsBy90 said:

You make some good points here. I don’t think it matters at this point. I know many girls who are basketball players that are already leaving school. I have heard they may have found the coach, but if rumors are true, these girls will not be staying at DCA with that hire. Good luck to the Cats in the future. 

No coach has been decided upon yet as far as I know. I also only know of one young player leaving and its not basketball related. Whatever youve heard it is not anything Ive heard and Im closer to the program than just about anyone.  

On 5/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, Playerscoach said:

No coach has been decided upon yet as far as I know. I also only know of one young player leaving and its not basketball related. Whatever youve heard it is not anything Ive heard and Im closer to the program than just about anyone.  

I wouldn’t deny you are closer than most people. However, if you think girls that care about basketball are staying here when clearly our school doesn’t care about Girls basketball you are crazy. If they can’t find a coach that’s one thing, but a previous post suggests many people have interviewed. If that’s the case I would hope they didn’t get turned down by 10+ people. That would be even worse. 

14 hours ago, CatsBy90 said:

I wouldn’t deny you are closer than most people. However, if you think girls that care about basketball are staying here when clearly our school doesn’t care about Girls basketball you are crazy. If they can’t find a coach that’s one thing, but a previous post suggests many people have interviewed. If that’s the case I would hope they didn’t get turned down by 10+ people. That would be even worse. 

I dont think they are staying I have heard nothing about a mass exodus. I mean, literally nothing. 

As far as the hiring there are some good options available. The few that I know are excellwnt people and coaches. Having a “name” coach or a big resume doesnt mean they will be a good coach. 

7 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

I dont think they are staying I have heard nothing about a mass exodus. I mean, literally nothing. 

As far as the hiring there are some good options available. The few that I know are excellwnt people and coaches. Having a “name” coach or a big resume doesnt mean they will be a good coach. 

Would you mind elaborating on who some of those names might be. I am incredibly worried at this point. I have talked to several other parents who are as well. 

38 minutes ago, CatsBy90 said:

Would you mind elaborating on who some of those names might be. I am incredibly worried at this point. I have talked to several other parents who are as well. 

I understand why some would worry. School is essentially out and a coach hasnt been named but thats what parents do. Like I said before I am not sure what AD Goodwins process was going into this hire so this may have been his plan? Regardless it is reasonable for folks to wonder when a coach will be named. Im sure Goodwin will be excited to announce the new basketball and volleyball coaches soon. 

Seeing the change from a 20+ win program to far less than that these last several years was not what anyone expected. Neither were the extremely low numbers participating. That is not an indictment of the former coach but is just reality. Some sort of change occurred that led to it even though the former head coach is a wonderful man and had an outstanding basketball resume for HS and college. To me, its why  getting the right coach is a must more-so than just hiring “a” coach. From the HS kids perspective though they seem fine. The two returning Sr starters are training at Lakeside Elite and are excited about next season. Another player is also there getting ready for the season. To me the biggest question is can the new coach get the 6’3.5” Sr to return to basketball along with a 6’0” Jr? A 5’9” Soph guard is returning and she will help a great deal. If the new coach can get those players to return, create a fun HS program, work with the MS and 6th grade coaches to develop a whole program then this hire was a success. I still believe Nate Johnson moving over from the boys team would have been the home run of home runs. I think hes a very very good coach, great person, and great teacher of fundamentals not to mention he’s a great communicator with the kids. If I were the AD I would have looked closely at that. Plus, the girls have the numbers and talent in the lower grades thats far superior to the boys right now. In fact that 6th grade team athletically is likely the best ever in the schools history.