DCA coach?

CatsBy90

8 minutes ago, AlphaNiner said:

Those two are possibilities. But there is a third. The high school Principal? Used to be the head coach. Since the school is in bad financial shape (depending who you speak too) then he would save them some coin for the short run. At least until things turn around financially. Even if they did that, things won't change until the AD is gone. In this day and age you have to know how to network, promote, and build relationships. Which he is seriously lacking. Just time to move on. 

This is going to end up being a depressing hire. It is all about a bandaid at this point. I don’t think we can even make a good hire now. So late in the process, no money, and no talent in the high school. No wonder no one wants the job. Hopefully by the time our best classes get to high school (if any of them are here by then) we will have the funds and also be ready as a school to lead a decent search. 

Edited by CatsBy90

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CatsBy90 said:

This is going to end up being a depressing hire. It is all about a bandaid at this point. I don’t think we can even make a good hire now. So late in the process, no money, and no talent in the high school. No wonder no one wants the job. Hopefully by the time our best classes get to high school (if any of them are here by then) we will have the funds and also be ready as a school to lead a decent search. 

Things can change quickly if the board will get their act together. There is a big following in the community ready to roll once the AD is gone. That is the hesitation on the outside. 

12 hours ago, AlphaNiner said:

Things can change quickly if the board will get their act together. There is a big following in the community ready to roll once the AD is gone. That is the hesitation on the outside. 

I’m not going to blame anyone for the lack of hire to this point. I do know this though if we don’t have a coach by the summer it will set the program back even more. Can’t understand why this isn’t obvious and important. Our girls deserve to know who the coach is. The new coach is already going to be at a disadvantage not being able to recruit girls in the school for the summer roster. And it is looking more and more likely there won’t be a summer period. I’m assuming those who have posted on here are parents as well. Have any of you reached out to the school to see what is going on? My attempts have failed.

7 hours ago, CatsBy90 said:

I’m not going to blame anyone for the lack of hire to this point. I do know this though if we don’t have a coach by the summer it will set the program back even more. Can’t understand why this isn’t obvious and important. Our girls deserve to know who the coach is. The new coach is already going to be at a disadvantage not being able to recruit girls in the school for the summer roster. And it is looking more and more likely there won’t be a summer period. I’m assuming those who have posted on here are parents as well. Have any of you reached out to the school to see what is going on? My attempts have failed.

Camp is scheduled. To say theres no talent is not true whatsoever. There are several good players returning and had some kids not quit before the season DCA would have had a great year last season. Adding the post players that are 6’ and 6’3.5” would go a long way to helping this season. 

17 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Camp is scheduled. To say theres no talent is not true whatsoever. There are several good players returning and had some kids not quit before the season DCA would have had a great year last season. Adding the post players that are 6’ and 6’3.5” would go a long way to helping this season. 

Camp being scheduled is good to know. Not sure why they would schedule it without the new coach being involved, but at least they thought enough of the team to do that.

There is a reason those girls quit, they have repeatedly said they don’t want to play basketball anymore. We lost most of our talent with the senior class leaving. It is not going to be a good year regardless. I just wish the new coach would of had a chance to at least try to get in the building before summer.

If they go internal maybe one of those coaches has been working to get them to  play.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:01 PM, AlphaNiner said:

I will say yes, but it will be from someone on faculty. I will agree with BigENS on one thing. The whole situation at DCA is a dumpster fire. Has been for years if not over a decade. No accountability or results driven criteria whatsoever. The athletic department has been ran into the ground. There is only one individual to point the finger at in this case. Time for house cleaning. Wake up Board members!

This is absolutely correct!  

18 hours ago, CatsBy90 said:

Camp being scheduled is good to know. Not sure why they would schedule it without the new coach being involved, but at least they thought enough of the team to do that.

There is a reason those girls quit, they have repeatedly said they don’t want to play basketball anymore. We lost most of our talent with the senior class leaving. It is not going to be a good year regardless. I just wish the new coach would of had a chance to at least try to get in the building before summer.

If they go internal maybe one of those coaches has been working to get them to  play.

One is playing for sure and the others would be HUGE pieces. Losing 00 will be a big loss since she led the team in scoring, rebounding, assists, and FT attempted and %. The other two Srs did a great job too.

They have the talent to be at least 3rd in the district and if the 6’3.5” Sr plays again they could exceed that.

Im looking forward to who the coach and if he/she can get kids back out and build a cohesive program from elementary up.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:22 PM, AlphaNiner said:

Nice Deflection...….we know

No you don't know.  

We all know who the coach is that can teach math, coach girls basketball, and multiple sports.   I usually don't comment in DCA threads, but since everyone thinks they know something, they really do not have a clue.    

Best of luck to the new coach!    

Thanks! 

Edited by SpreadOption

24 minutes ago, SpreadOption said:

No you don't know.  

We all know who the coach is that can teach math, coach girls basketball, and multiple sports.   I usually don't comment in DCA threads, but since everyone thinks they know something, they really do not have a clue.    

Best of luck to the new coach!    

Thanks! 

Actually I do. Did I touch a nerve? I'll be glad to jump on it. Your assertion of "We all know who the coach is that can teach math, coach girls basketball, and multiple sports." Well wrong again. Try a different username.....again. 

7 hours ago, AlphaNiner said:

Actually I do. Did I touch a nerve? I'll be glad to jump on it. Your assertion of "We all know who the coach is that can teach math, coach girls basketball, and multiple sports." Well wrong again. Try a different username.....again. 

Speaking of this. We are the only private school in the area that is hiring a coach based on teaching positions we can fill. What about hiring the best coach for our kids? That seems the most logical thing to do. If we are only hiring a coach based on if they can teach math or not. We will never be on the same level as the schools in our league.

8 hours ago, AlphaNiner said:

No,

You have not touched a nerve.   

I'm confident in the direction of leadership of all sports programs in the school the day CPW was announced as Head Football Coach.    It sets the tone, and I'm fine with it.   If you don't stand for something like personal integrity, you will fall for anything.    Much like everyone trying to figure out usernames.   

Most people wanted to see CPW coach on this side of town anyway, and we are thankful he wanted to be at DCA with all the folks that have supported his career.   Like him or not, his track record is winning and he is legend to a lot of people that grew up on this side of town and played for him.  

Forward thinkers know the deal.  

A DCA girls basketball thread getting 7,000 views is something epic, and something I never thought I would see personally.  

Back to the search...........