DCA coach?

CatsBy90

13 minutes ago, SpreadOption said:

No,

You have not touched a nerve.   

I'm confident in the direction of leadership of all sports programs in the school the day CPW was announced as Head Football Coach.    It sets the tone, and I'm fine with it.   If you don't stand for something like personal integrity, you will fall for anything.    Much like everyone trying to figure out usernames.   

Most people wanted to see CPW coach on this side of town anyway, and we are thankful he wanted to be at DCA with all the folks that have supported his career.   Like him or not, his track record is winning and he is legend to a lot of people that grew up on this side of town and played for him.  

Forward thinkers know the deal.  

A DCA girls basketball thread getting 7,000 views is something epic, and something I never thought I would see personally.  

Back to the search...........

Who do you see getting it? Who are even candidates? I think if it was someone internally they would have already hired them. If it’s not Coach Winfree it has to be someone from the outside. Who are potential coaches that would come here or have interest? Are they still interviewing candidates or are they done with that part of the process? Give us some hope. Please.

Edited by CatsBy90

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, CatsBy90 said:

Speaking of this. We are the only private school in the area that is hiring a coach based on teaching positions we can fill. What about hiring the best coach for our kids? That seems the most logical thing to do. If we are only hiring a coach based on if they can teach math or not. We will never be on the same level as the schools in our league.

That has been a common theme for a long time. 

5 hours ago, SpreadOption said:

No,

You have not touched a nerve.   

I'm confident in the direction of leadership of all sports programs in the school the day CPW was announced as Head Football Coach.    It sets the tone, and I'm fine with it.   If you don't stand for something like personal integrity, you will fall for anything.    Much like everyone trying to figure out usernames.   

Most people wanted to see CPW coach on this side of town anyway, and we are thankful he wanted to be at DCA with all the folks that have supported his career.   Like him or not, his track record is winning and he is legend to a lot of people that grew up on this side of town and played for him.  

Forward thinkers know the deal.  

A DCA girls basketball thread getting 7,000 views is something epic, and something I never thought I would see personally.  

Back to the search...........

The hiring of CPW was not due to the "confident in the direction of leadership" by the school or it's administrators. That hire came from outside pressure. The powers that be wanted to go in another direction. Which I am glad the school succumbed and pulled the trigger on hiring him. But that hire came at a "cost", and you are seeing that cost play put. I do agree though if the football program is fixed and relationships are repaired in the community, every sport at DCA will benefit. Especially financially when hiring situations arise in non-revenue sports.  CPW is just the individual to do that, but I am afraid he is fighting a losing battle with the AD and top administrators who still hold the purse strings. Every school goes through a changing of guard at some point, but unfortunately DCA's old guard is putting up a fight. 

38 minutes ago, WaReAgLe3 said:

No one has heard this. There is no coach in place. My bet is they will just give it to Winfrees daughter, the MS coach, or the boys assistant.

One of them could be who my source was referencing. We will know in a few days.

4 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Yeah those two didn’t interview. I suspect an announcement will be very very soon.  

Sounds like Coach Holden is the hire. I don’t know a ton about him but I know he was our middle school girls assistant this year. I wonder how this will go over with players and parents? 

Happy to know a coach is in place.