Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Bump11

AAA State Duals Picks

Recommended Posts

Brackets aren’t out yet, but when they are released this is where I’ll drop my full bracket predictions.

however we do have all 16 qualifiers so for now, I’ll settle for power ranking the 16 teams! 

 

1. Cleveland

2. Wilson Central

3. Arlington

4. Blackman

5. Centennial

6. Bradley

7. Science Hill

8. Indy

9. Beech

10. Heritage

11. Maryville

12. Tennessee

13. Halls

14. Houston

15. Tullahoma

16. Sevier Co

 

Don’t know much about Sevier or Tullahoma. I feel pretty good about the top 8.

9-13 I think could go any which way.

14-16 I haven’t seen much of but don’t see them hanging with the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that actual brackets are out, here’s my picks. Enjoy. 

 

Champ. Rd 1-

Cleveland over Sevier

Centennial over Houston

Blackman over Tennessee

Beech over Heritage

Wilson Central over Indy

Bradley over Halls

Arlington over Maryville

Science Hill over Tullahoma

 

Champ. Quarters-

Cleveland over Centennial

Blackman over Beech

Wilson Central over Bradley

Arlington over Science Hill

 

Conso. Rd. 1-

Houston over Sevier

Heritage over Tennessee

Indy over Halls

Maryville day over Tullahoma

 

Conso. Rd. 2-

Science Hill over Houston

Bradley over Heritage

Beech over Indy

Centennial over Maryville

 

Conso. Rd. 3-

Science Hill over Bradley

Beech over Centennial

 

Champ. Semis-

Cleveland over Blackman

Wilson Central over Arlington

 

Conso. Semis.-

Blackman over Science Hill

Arlington over Beech

 

Finals/3rd

Cleveland over Wilson Central

Arlington over Blackman

 

1. Cleveland

2. Wilson Central

3. Arlington

4. Blackman

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackman should start thanking whoever did the redraw. Now they walk straight to the semis. Funny how they redraw it Region 7 now gets Wilson Central in the 1st round and Cleveland in the 2nd round. I love that they draw live where people can see so we know its not rigged:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MichauleyCulkin said:

Blackman should start thanking whoever did the redraw. Now they walk straight to the semis. Funny how they redraw it Region 7 now gets Wilson Central in the 1st round and Cleveland in the 2nd round. I love that they draw live where people can see so we know its not rigged:wink:

Does anyone have a copy of the previous one they posted on tssaasports.Com?  I would really like to see it and see what all the complaining is about. I mean Blackman beat Centennial head to head already and that is really all that matters. I mean maybe Centennial needs to actually place top 4 this year and that way they have a guaranteed seeding in the bracket the next year if they win their region. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be nice to see all teams fairly healthy. Centennial will be at full strength if they get a Blackmon rematch. Based off readings it appears science hill will be full strength as well. Should be an interesting match with Arlington. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Does anyone have a copy of the previous one they posted on tssaasports.Com?  I would really like to see it and see what all the complaining is about. I mean Blackman beat Centennial head to head already and that is really all that matters. I mean maybe Centennial needs to actually place top 4 this year and that way they have a guaranteed seeding in the bracket the next year if they win their region. 

I'll check with one of the coaches. And yes Centennial lost to Blackman earlier, but without there full team/ correct weights so i think Centennial wins now. And the thing is, is that somehow out of the random draw, 5 of 7 teams stayed in the same spot. Which is complete BS to  say it is random because the likelihood of that happening is the same of it snowing in the Bahamas tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichauleyCulkin said:

I'll check with one of the coaches. And yes Centennial lost to Blackman earlier, but without there full team/ correct weights so i think Centennial wins now. And the thing is, is that somehow out of the random draw, 5 of 7 teams stayed in the same spot. Which is complete BS to  say it is random because the likelihood of that happening is the same of it snowing in the Bahamas tomorrow.

Well in their defense science hill, Wilson Central and Cleveland had to stay in the same places. Which means the runner up of each region has to go in the other half of the bracket. 

 

That being said, the only spots that did not change between the first release and final bracket was the region 8 places that were left open on the first one. 

So I don't know where you got that 5 of the 7 didn't change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, whoAMi01 said:

Well in their defense science hill, Wilson Central and Cleveland had to stay in the same places. Which means the runner up of each region has to go in the other half of the bracket. 

 

That being said, the only spots that did not change between the first release and final bracket was the region 8 places that were left open on the first one. 

So I don't know where you got that 5 of the 7 didn't change. 

Hahaha, yep, I don't think ole Caulkin there has any clue how this works! But top 4 from previous year are seeded as long as they win their regions and 3 of the 4 did and they were also placed in the same place as their finish last year, thus Cleveland, Science Hill and Wilson Central. The other region team has to be cross bracketed so blind draws are somewhat limited. Also Centennial might not have been full strength, but we can't have excuses, because some of those kids this week could get the flu and they miss the weekend, you show up with what you have and wrestle, it is what it is and we already went over this once before with oakland and they were really not missing many wrestlers, now they can move some around, however that also comes with the coin toss on how well that can or cannot work. Good luck to all teams!

Edited by cobrakid8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Hahaha, yep, I don't think ole Caulkin there has any clue how this works! But top 4 from previous year are seeded as long as they win their regions and 3 of the 4 did and they were also placed in the same place as their finish last year, thus Cleveland, Science Hill and Wilson Central. The other region team has to be cross bracketed so blind draws are somewhat limited. Also Centennial might not have been full strength, but we can't have excuses, because some of those kids this week could get the flu and they miss the weekend, you show up with what you have and wrestle, it is what it is and we already went over this once before with oakland and they were really not missing many wrestlers, now they can move some around, however that also comes with the coin toss on how well that can or cannot work. Good luck to all teams!

First of all Centennial lost to blackman. No excuses about it.  They are a good team and beat us that night. When we are all there wrestling good we are pretty dam good as well. Second we have a tough houston team so we are not looking a head. 

Regarding the original bracket obviously the 3 seeded teams stay the same but so did Arlington,  bradley, beech so it is a little hard to believe that you re draw it again and they stay the same as does Centennials original opponent. The brackets are what they are everyone will just have to show up and wrestle . I think it would be great to offer the draws live on a feed so everyone can watch. Be good tv and then no complaints.

Good luck to everyone and hope its a great weekend of wrestling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, goblue1 said:

First of all Centennial lost to blackman. No excuses about it.  They are a good team and beat us that night. When we are all there wrestling good we are pretty dam good as well. Second we have a tough houston team so we are not looking a head. 

Regarding the original bracket obviously the 3 seeded teams stay the same but so did Arlington,  bradley, beech so it is a little hard to believe that you re draw it again and they stay the same as does Centennials original opponent. The brackets are what they are everyone will just have to show up and wrestle . I think it would be great to offer the draws live on a feed so everyone can watch. Be good tv and then no complaints.

Good luck to everyone and hope its a great weekend of wrestling 

Caulkin was pretty much making excuses. Also for those that never put together a bracket here you go. The first 3 here were seeded so that also means their other 3 team scores have to be changed over to the other bracket. ALSO a region champ has to wrestle a region runner-up not another region champ so again that limits where a team can go. So yes the draw is pretty limited but I am not sure either you knew that's how it worked, or that you actually did the math on it all, but either way the blind draw is limited very much when there are that many seeded from previous year. I mean last year the three of the best teams very much ended up top with Cleveland, Wilson Central and Arlington who only lost to Brentwood because of a UP point which caused a tie and loss by criteria. Of course now this blind draw is like the whine about Team rankings, none of it matters in the end if your goal is to win it all, you still have ton go through each team.  As Flair always said, to be the man you have to beat the man!  Good luck to all the wrestlers and hopefully everyone  stays healthy and enjoys their time on the mat, never know when it couldn't be your last, so make the best of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Caulkin was pretty much making excuses. Also for those that never put together a bracket here you go. The first 3 here were seeded so that also means their other 3 team scores have to be changed over to the other bracket. ALSO a region champ has to wrestle a region runner-up not another region champ so again that limits where a team can go. So yes the draw is pretty limited but I am not sure either you knew that's how it worked, or that you actually did the math on it all, but either way the blind draw is limited very much when there are that many seeded from previous year. I mean last year the three of the best teams very much ended up top with Cleveland, Wilson Central and Arlington who only lost to Brentwood because of a UP point which caused a tie and loss by criteria. Of course now this blind draw is like the whine about Team rankings, none of it matters in the end if your goal is to win it all, you still have ton go through each team.  As Flair always said, to be the man you have to beat the man!  Good luck to all the wrestlers and hopefully everyone  stays healthy and enjoys their time on the mat, never know when it couldn't be your last, so make the best of it!

Actually yeah its not my first rodeo I know how it works but thanks for explaining it to me. Im also pretty good at math as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, goblue1 said:

Actually yeah its not my first rodeo I know how it works but thanks for explaining it to me. Im also pretty good at math as well

So how many permutations are actually available on hitting back with pretty much the same order as the first bracket out out? You seem to think it could be thousands or something but it's actually a very small amount with only 16 teams and a limited amount of teams that can be moved around. But not sure why I am even worried about it, Cleveland wins this running away and the fight for second is pretty much between just a few teams, after that it doesn't even matter!

Edited by cobrakid8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...