Question for Union City Fans

ToothPick

I am hearing that UC is not going to renew the game with Mayfield.  Are you all hearing the same?  I hope Mayfield and UC continue to play, it is a close by game of to similar sized teams that are both successful.  I heard we have picked up a class 2a TN team named Lausanne from the Memphis area but I have never heard of them.  What are you all in TN hearing? and who is Lausanne???

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Kinda stinks they're replacing Mayfield if true. But they aren't inserting a cupcake for sure. This has been arguably the best team in Shelby County the past 2-3 years

I think I stated in a confusing way.  I meant Mayfield is going to play Lausanne after losing UC.  NOt sure who UC is going to play in Mayfield's place

9 minutes ago, ToothPick said:

I think I stated in a confusing way.  I meant Mayfield is going to play Lausanne after losing UC.  NOt sure who UC is going to play in Mayfield's place

Oh sorry I thought you were a UC poster, was wondering why the name didn't look familiar. I'm not picking one way or another but if you're playing Lausanne your boys better pack their lunches. 

8 minutes ago, ToothPick said:

Thanks War Eagle, we return 8 on both sides and would be the or near the top of A or AA with what we return but I have no vib yet on this TC private.  Thanks for info

In Tn we have Div I 1A-6A  and Div II A-AAA. Lausanne is Div II AA. 2017 State champions and semis last year losing very narrowly to CPA out of Nashville. That semi game was played in a monsoon and many people say it took away the Eric Gray threat. CPA went on to dominate the championship game. If you are familiar with Whitehaven out of Memphis it should be noted that Lausanne has beaten them the last two years. Whitehaven was 6A runner up this year with multiple state titles. Had 19 seniors sign LOI last year from the football team alone. 

I have seen Lausanne multiple times- 2019 team will not be anything like 2016-2018 teams and not just because Gray is gone.  Over the last 3 years they have had skill, speed and size all over the filed.  Not disrespecting the 2019 team as I'm sure they will live up to the Lausanne legacy, but from what I saw it will not be at the same level and not just at RB.  However, they seem to somehow find talent ....