Question for Union City Fans

ToothPick

16 hours ago, chainsaw2 said:

I have seen Lausanne multiple times- 2019 team will not be anything like 2016-2018 teams and not just because Gray is gone.  Over the last 3 years they have had skill, speed and size all over the filed.  Not disrespecting the 2019 team as I'm sure they will live up to the Lausanne legacy, but from what I saw it will not be at the same level and not just at RB.  However, they seem to somehow find talent ....

We have played some big name privates over the years with mixed results,  We will have a GREAT offense next year and likely a above average defense that will be a hard out in public play but with these privates it can tough sledding.   Glad to see that we might be catching them replacing some studs.  Anytime a little public school takes on a powerful private its a tough assignment for us

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ToothPick said:

We have played some big name privates over the years with mixed results,  We will have a GREAT offense next year and likely a above average defense that will be a hard out in public play but with these privates it can tough sledding.   Glad to see that we might be catching them replacing some studs.  Anytime a little public school takes on a powerful private its a tough assignment for us

I'm aware of your history, and how good y'all have been recently. With that, and the fact that Lausanne looks to be "rebuilding", I just stuck to some factual information. Mayfield looks to be getting into a series with the Lynx at the perfect time... in their previous two seasons, even the mighty Cardinals would have had a rough time keeping the game close IMO. Lausanne is a relatively new school, and has risen to power in a hurry, so I'd say that they will "find a way" to fill the roster with players. Wishing you guys well against them, I have to root for a small school against what Lausanne has done... nothing illegal, but the co-op thing, and recruiting from all of Memphis just give too much advantage against small public schools, so good luck against the beast!

Lausanne is a top notch program. Some D1 players have come out of there recently. As far as I can tell, they will continue they're current course.

As for the Union City issue, I have heard that UC wanted to move the game to later in the season but Mayfield wouldn't budge. UC has replaced them with Lake County, who have shown great improvement by making to the quarter finalsthe last two seasons.

2 hours ago, GATNA said:

Lausanne is a top notch program. Some D1 players have come out of there recently. As far as I can tell, they will continue they're current course.

As for the Union City issue, I have heard that UC wanted to move the game to later in the season but Mayfield wouldn't budge. UC has replaced them with Lake County, who have shown great improvement by making to the quarter finalsthe last two seasons.

After a little study up on Lausanne that this will be a great fit for us.  At first before researching them I was much more worried.  I at first thought they were like our big privates like Louisville Trinity but they are more like a Louisville LCA or DeSales.  We should be fine next season but some years we will struggle

Mayfield's hands are tied, next year is a KY reclassification year and we gain Caldwell County down from 3A into our 2A district leaving no room other than that early date where we played UC last year and will now play Lausanne.   Our other non district games are the 105 year old rival game with Paducah Tilghman and our cross town rival Graves County.  Neither of those are moveable options from their dates.  So sadly no more UC

11 hours ago, GATNA said:

Lake Co made the semis the last two years. Not the quarters. 

5 minutes ago, ToothPick said:

I recall that once upon a time a few years back they had a great program but went through some tuff times before their recent resurgents

Great group of athletes coming thru the high school now. Team overall has been short on numbers but not on talent. They will be a contender in TN 1A next season. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Who had enough???

Union City, those games were not exactly close, the first one was a running clock shut out and this years team maybe the best one we have had in some time.  It could have been a scheduling conflict but that doesn't add up.  We had the same date open where UC had been and UC stuck Lake in it.  Our coach made reference that it was their decision not to play.