District Bracket Formats

CoachHolly7

I need responses from districts everywhere.   How does your district set up the sites?  Are your first round games at the higher seed school  i.e. (8@1, 7@2, 3 @6, 4@5) and then the rest of the tournament is at one host?    

Our district does 1 and 2 host the first round so 4 and 5 will play at 1, and 3 and 6 play at 2.  Then semis, finals at one host.     This seems very bizarre to me, especially for travel purposes.  

Just now, Dexter10 said:

Are district there is 8 teams and 1 and 2 seed gets a double bye so their in the region 3 and 4 get a first round bye so 6 teams are fighting for two spots to move on.    8 AA.     Go figure 

Why isn't it 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 ?    Our district has 9 teams so we have an 8/9 play in then everyone plays.  But our format is stupid to not have a satellite first round.  

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Districts need to go to rotation so every schools gets a chance to host and if you forfeit your turn it should go to the next school in line. 8 team district higher seeds play at home for the first round then semis is played at one site 

Exactly.  I don't know what our District is thinking.   But 7 of the schools  come from one county and they control everything according to their convenience.  The other two schools in the district are 45 minutes away.