D2 State Dual Picks

Bump11

2 hours ago, memphissoccerpimp22 said:

Curious who they had that was from D1 and a state champ that transferred to cbhs? 

The point wasn’t that they just got a D1 state champ..the point was they get transfers from D1 schools too. I’d take Garrett Bowers p4p over Horst and Bates. Had he not run into Brayden Palmer, arguably one of the best light weights we’ve seen since I can remember, he’d be a sure fire 4 timer. I wasn’t trying to start anything..just saying that you can’t really complain about Baylor getting D1 transfers when they aren’t the only ones

20 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Glad to see the Calvert showed up. Thanks for letting him defend his self.. :rolleyes:

I don’t care where he went to school or who he supports...sure your right I shouldn’t assume. But the point was you can’t complain about Baylor doing it when they aren’t the only ones. CBHS plucked the Bowers brothers from Cleveland. And while neither was in D1 long enough to win a title..Aiden never was..that’s 2 huge additions. 2 additions that without, they don’t beat Ryan, and don’t come close to having a shot at beating Baylor. And if we are honest, even though they have “D1 state titles”, I probably wouldn’t take Bates or Horst P4P over Garrett. So that’s a HUGE transfer that has made them a lot better

First, I wasn't defending him. So you "assumed" again. I was making a point. CBHS has not said a word about what any other team has done or hasn't done. We have a saying "It IS, what it IS", and we deal with it. As for "plucking" the Bowers, I would have to say that is a totally different situation. The entire family moved to Memphis, for reasons beyond winning a state title. HECK, I think Cleveland did that last year, and will probably do it again.

Trust me I’ve been waiting a very long time for D1 state Champs vs D2 state champs in a dual! Ive always said D2 has the better wrestlers and proves when they go to the next level here in the last 15 years or so. Yes D2 kids have a great opportunity to go to Prep Nationals and face the toughest kids in the country. Overall I don’t care who wins what.. kids go to certain schools cause they want to win championships hopefully as a individual but also as a team and be pushed in the wrestling room. Same thing as college football players and basketball players going to certain colleges known for there programs! Also why Penn State still dominating college wrestling! 

12 hours ago, memphissoccerpimp22 said:

Ha well when you can go and get last year D1 state champs and add them to your line up of course it makes it easier for you to win!

:cry::cry: Maybe your school of choice should create an environment that kids want to join. Every school in the state gets kids who would not have gone there based on where they live. It is a common misconception that schools go out and get kids. These kids make decisions for their development and unfortunately for most on this thread The Baylor School and Cleveland have created these environments. The bros actually have two starters in their lineup who left Cleveland to join their ranks because they believed it would be the best situation for them.

Bowers is a stud, and has helped Christian Brothers out a lot. I wouldn’t say he would’ve been a sure fire 4 timer though. Let’s not forget about that kid from Bradley waiting in the finals if Bowers had got past Brayden. Even though Bowers upset him once that year, TJ was the best in the state and showed it when it mattered. 

1 hour ago, memphissoccerpimp22 said:

Ive always said D2 has the better wrestlers and proves when they go to the next level here in the last 15 years or so.  

There are great kids on both sides. D2 will never have better wrestlers across the board. Some years AAA will have more and some years D2 will have more. Them having success in the next level doesn't always have to do with talent either. I've seen more than one from the AAA side go to the next level and quit because of a lack of dedication or injuries, not always skill.

2 hours ago, Bump11 said:

The point wasn’t that they just got a D1 state champ..the point was they get transfers from D1 schools too. I’d take Garrett Bowers p4p over Horst and Bates. Had he not run into Brayden Palmer, arguably one of the best light weights we’ve seen since I can remember, he’d be a sure fire 4 timer. I wasn’t trying to start anything..just saying that you can’t really complain about Baylor getting D1 transfers when they aren’t the only 

Well that is your opinion which is probably in the minority.  I would take Bates and Noah in that trade period.  No knock on any kid but would take 2 over just one stud, lol.

Edited by BQ125
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BQ125 said:

Well that is your opinion which is probably in the minority.  I would take Bates and Noah in that trade period.  No knock on any kid but would take 2 over just one stud, lol.

I think you misunderstood. I didn’t mean I’d take bowers on my team over both Bates and Horst. I meant if we lined up bowers vs Horst and Bowers vs Bates I would pick bowers to win both. Meaning I just think that he’s a better stud individually that both. Not put together lol

3 hours ago, PurpleWrestler said:

First, I wasn't defending him. So you "assumed" again. I was making a point. CBHS has not said a word about what any other team has done or hasn't done. We have a saying "It IS, what it IS", and we deal with it. As for "plucking" the Bowers, I would have to say that is a totally different situation. The entire family moved to Memphis, for reasons beyond winning a state title. HECK, I think Cleveland did that last year, and will probably do it again.

Very true. Cleveland has and will continue too. Same with Science Hill getting kids from Tennessee and Wilson Central getting kids from mt. Juliet and Lebanon. 

Now while I honestly believe that Horst and Bates would’ve been 4 timers no matter where they were, it’s obvious that teams will do what it takes to make their team better, kids will go where they think they have better opportunities/exposure, and parents will do what it takes to send their kids where they have better opportunities and exposure. I don’t agree with any of it. And if the bowers moved for personal reasons then I apologize for using their name, but it still shows that studs move around a lot and Baylor shouldn’t be singled out. If the Bowers moving weren’t Christian Brothers choice...well Horst and Bates moving wasn’t forced by Baylor either. The kids and the parents wanted it. And of course Baylor is gonna welcome those 2 with open arms 10 out of 10 times

Edited by Bump11

5 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Very true. Cleveland has and will continue too. Same with Science Hill getting kids from Tennessee and Wilson Central getting kids from mt. Juliet and Lebanon. 

Now while I honestly believe that Horst and Bates would’ve been 4 timers no matter where they were, it’s obvious that teams will do what it takes to make their team better, kids will go where they think they have better opportunities/exposure, and parents will do what it takes to send their kids where they have better opportunities and exposure. I don’t agree with any of it. And if the bowers moved for personal reasons then I apologize for using their name, but it still shows that studs move around a lot and Baylor shouldn’t be singled out. If the Bowers moving weren’t Christian Brothers choice...well Horst and Bates moving wasn’t forced by Baylor either. The kids and the parents wanted it. And of course Baylor is gonna welcome those 2 with open arms 10 out of 10 times

As about any team. (welcome them I mean). But the rules aren't the same for everyone, but again "it is, what It is"

2 hours ago, LBJ6 said:

Bowers is a stud, and has helped Christian Brothers out a lot. I wouldn’t say he would’ve been a sure fire 4 timer though. Let’s not forget about that kid from Bradley waiting in the finals if Bowers had got past Brayden. Even though Bowers upset him once that year, TJ was the best in the state and showed it when it mattered. 

This is very true. TJ is one of the best to ever do it in the state of Tennessee. My point was that had he been D2 he wouldn’t have ran into Brayden. Or TJ for that matter and would be a 4 timer. Aka I don’t think he beats Brayden at all, so my assumption (yes I know I’m sorry!)  was that he left to go D2 to get more exposure and have a better shot at winning. Just like these other kids including Horst and Bates, will go to these big schools to “get better” and have a better chance at winning. And I’ll say it again, I don’t think it mattered with Horst and Bates because they would both win 4 no matter where they were.. UNLESS Horst went somewhere else in D1 and had to go through Brayden..then I don’t think he wins 4. 

4 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

As about any team. (welcome them I mean). But the rules aren't the same for everyone, but again "it is, what It is"

Right the rules are different for D2. And you’re right it is what it is. Which is what I said in my original post. And it’s not fair. But we can’t do anything about it. It seems my bad assumptions got everyone off track. My apologies

• Like 1