What has happened to the over hyped South Gibson

Tez2319

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

I don't think South Gibson is over hyped. They bring everyone back from a sub state team. they peaked a little early but can definitely get it back and I think they go to substate again.

Yea that could be true, or has a projected 5th place team in the district caught up to them? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, WhereYouAt said:

I don't think so. I think South Gibson wins the District Tournament and plays Southside in the championship of the region.

dream on....South Gib needs an experienced coach...King Rogers ran off a good one in Volbert...replaced with a middle school coach...see the results.....

• 2 weeks later...

I think Wilkins has done a great job at South Gibson.........from where they started to now winning 20 games and going deep into region. I think SG fans should be excited for the next few years. Now with that said:

Keys to the game:

South Gibson CAN'T have more than 15 turnovers, South Side will get points off those.

South Side HAS to know where Hicks is (#5) the best shooter in our region. And faceguarding wouldn't actually be a bad idea.

South Gibson CAN'T get rattled when South Side goes on runs. Stay composed, and continue to do what got you to this point.

South Side HAS to feed the post players. I don't think you wanna make this a jump shooting game. Force the Hornets to have to defend in the half-court.

27 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

Upset alert lol we played horrible! 

It was a game of 2 halves. South side looked like they were going to run away with the game towards the end of the first half. SGC looked lost, missed a ton of good shots, made silly turnovers, 

Second half was a completely different story. SGC came out of the locker room like a different team. Their shots were falling, they looked a lot more confident, did not have the silly turnovers..... Came back from being down 15 in the game to win by 5. Very, very impressed with our boys. This senior class has put in a TON of work and they are due the credit. 

The game against Crockett coming Thursday should be a dandy! 

Congrats to SSHS for a great season. I know you guys are really young and will be a force in the years to come. We had the long ride home from McNairy last year.. 

SS looked like they were going to run away but SGC weathered to storm and came out the 2md half composed and ready. SS let SGC see a couple go in and that's a shooters joy. It was all SGC after that. It didnt help that SS missed a ton of free throws and kept driving and picking up charges and player control fouls. There must've had 6 to 8 offensive fouls. I hate to be in there way next season with 0 seniors.