State Duals Updates/Results

Bump11

Tomorrow is the big day. As I’m sure there will be lots of conversation over the next couple days, let’s try to keep it all centralized here and not on multiple threads. Any updates, big matches, upsets...anything to do with the state duals. Good luck to everyone competing! May the best teams stand tall Saturday evening!

Edited by Bump11
  • Upvote 1

Notable Weight Changes per the Lineups available on TrackWrestling (Cleveland's lineup is not available, I will update this list if need be once theirs is available.)

Science Hill:

#4 at 160 Jared Harter to 152

Wilson Central:

#2 at 152 Alex Pergrande to 145

Beech:

#1 at 126 Brayden Palmer listed as 132

Bradley Central:

#4 at 182 Larry Johns to 170

Arlington:

#2 at 126 Michael Cannon to 120

Houston:

#4 at 182 Cade Young to 170

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LBJ6 said:

I was looking through the lineups on Track this morning, and seen Arlington has Cannon entered at 120. That’s a pretty big change to their lineup. That should make him the instant state title favorite at that weight assuming he stays down. 

I’d say it definitely makes him the favorite! I wonder if there’s any chance we see Cannon vs Borders this weekend

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

Notable Weight Changes per the Lineups available on TrackWrestling (Cleveland's lineup is not available, I will update this list if need be once theirs is available.)

Science Hill:

#4 at 160 Jared Harter to 152

Wilson Central:

#2 at 152 Alex Pergrande to 145

Beech:

#1 at 126 Brayden Palmer listed as 132

Bradley Central:

#4 at 182 Larry Johns to 170

Arlington:

#2 at 126 Michael Cannon to 120

Houston:

#4 at 182 Cade Young to 170

Cleveland’s is up now. Looks like Whiteside is down to 132 with Laxton as their new 138. They were going to win anyway, but it definitely makes them even tougher. 

4 minutes ago, LBJ6 said:

Cleveland’s is up now. Looks like Whiteside is down to 132 with Laxton as their new 138. They were going to win anyway, but it definitely makes them even tougher. 

TBF despite him wrestling 138 all season he is ranked #1 at 132 in the newest set of rankings. So while he did drop its not a change based off the rankings from Hamm.

29 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

TBF despite him wrestling 138 all season he is ranked #1 at 132 in the newest set of rankings. So while he did drop its not a change based off the rankings from Hamm.

Very true. I kind of expected it, since he had been ranked there the whole year. This was just the first time I actually seen it happen. 

Baylor's weigh in roster does not include Bates or Horst. 

3 wrestlers weighed in @ 106, nobody @ 113.  2 wrestlers weighed in @ 120. nobody @ 126.

I believe Bates out with broken hand, but no word on why Noah did not weigh in?

Match 2 weeks ago was only a 6 point difference,

Semi finals should be a barn burner tonight.