State Duals Updates/Results

Bump11

It should be an lopsided state finals. This years team just cannot match up to Cleveland. Especially having 1 or 2 JV guys starting in the lineup this weekend. In order to keep the match looking competitive, DaBears will have to have pins on the very few matches that they can win. Everyone knew coming into this state, that no one would come within 40-50 points to Cleveland unless they forfeit out their remaining matches. Bradley will show up, but that's about it for this match. Good luck DaBears.

27 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Is it me, or are there more penalties being assessed in this tournament? I'm not there for this one, but I'm noticing a trend. Can anyone elaborate how Science Hill got the penalty point against Bradley?

Im curious about this as well. As someone who is unable to attend, are these matches just that heated or are the refs being real trigger happy with unsportsmanlikes. I remember this was a big complaint last year.

3 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Coach Pelky has a VERY solid team throughout their lineup. They did a good job against SH of not giving up "extra" bonus points in a few matches where they knew they were gonna lose. Makes me wonder if they would be in the finals if they were on the other side of the bracket. 

I was wondering the same thing. 

Winning dual matches between good teams is as much about not giving up bonus points as it is scoring bonus points.  Your bad wrestlers must have enough heart not to get pinned or give up a TF.  I see so many kids that get behind and then they are broken mentally and end up giving up a TF or Fall.  Do kids today not know how to stall?