State Duals Updates/Results

Bump11

28 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Baylor pulling together and still winning without Horst and Bates was tough. Congrats to those fellas

Is it true that Bates is no longer in school and Horst will not wrestle anymore this season?  Rumors were flying and I am not throwing stones but just asking a simple question.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:21 PM, JSamson7 said:

Is it me, or are there more penalties being assessed in this tournament? I'm not there for this one, but I'm noticing a trend. Can anyone elaborate how Science Hill got the penalty point against Bradley?

Coach was repeatedly complaining about stalling calls from the bench. :roll:

On 2/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, JSamson7 said:

Is it me, or are there more penalties being assessed in this tournament? I'm not there for this one, but I'm noticing a trend. Can anyone elaborate how Science Hill got the penalty point against Bradley?

From what I saw there was a bad call by the officials in the 113 pound match and Coach Miller wasn't exactly happy about it and I believe he got a point taken for not going to the table to question the call, but instead was saying things from the bench but like I said I could be wrong. Wouldn't have mattered anyway because Bradley would have won on criteria for winning more matches. I believe it was 8 matches to 6 matches but Science Hill had more bonus point wins. 

15 hours ago, PurpleWrestler said:

as always with TN refs, the stalling calls get ridiculous, that I can't blame the coach.

That's your opinion you have. But depending on how that match would have been decided had it been tied and gone to criteria....that lapse in judgement by the coach might have been what cost his team a place on the medal stand. That's my opinion. 

3 hours ago, HCWCCoachV said:

From what I saw there was a bad call by the officials in the 113 pound match and Coach Miller wasn't exactly happy about it and I believe he got a point taken for not going to the table to question the call, but instead was saying things from the bench but like I said I could be wrong. Wouldn't have mattered anyway because Bradley would have won on criteria for winning more matches. I believe it was 8 matches to 6 matches but Science Hill had more bonus point wins. 

2 minutes ago, DAKEKO said:
15 hours ago, PurpleWrestler said:

as always with TN refs, the stalling calls get ridiculous, that I can't blame the coach.

That's your opinion you have. But depending on how that match would have been decided had it been tied and gone to criteria....that lapse in judgement by the coach might have been what cost his team a place on the medal stand. That's my opinion. 

If this is true...then yes wouldnt have mattered anyways.

18 hours ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Not 100% sure how it went down with Science Hill vs Bradley, but I can say, Science Hills coach went to the table at some point EVERY match against centennial. And after a while it looked like it started to be on purpose about some the give his kids a rest because they were gassing in all of their matches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garagemonster said:

Not 100% sure how it went down with Science Hill vs Bradley, but I can say, Science Hills coach went to the table at some point EVERY match against centennial. And after a while it looked like it started to be on purpose about some the give his kids a rest because they were gassing in all of their matches.

I noticed that too. It's called impeding the orderly progression of the match. If its noticed as such by the offical, it could earn another unsportsmanlike conduct. Somewhere a coaches code of ethics has to kick in.

22 minutes ago, DAKEKO said:

I noticed that too. It's called impeding the orderly progression of the match. If its noticed as such by the offical, it could earn another unsportsmanlike conduct. Somewhere a coaches code of ethics has to kick in.

Everyone in East Tennessee knows the Science Hill coaches surely do NOT follow a code of ethics.  Its win at all costs.  Plus they "own" a few of the Region 1 officials, three of them, in fact, with the same last name.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WWarrior97 said:

Everyone in East Tennessee knows the Science Hill coaches surely do NOT follow a code of ethics.  Its win at all costs.  Plus they "own" a few of the Region 1 officials, three of them, in fact, with the same last name.  

Science Hill envy much? Sounds like sour grapes to me.