6 Ooltewah             2-7    (9-13)

7  Soddy Daisy        0-10  (3-18)

District 6AAA

1 Stone Memorial   4-1    (15-5)

2  Cookeville            4-2    (19-7)

3  White County      3-2    (21-4)

4  Rhea County       2-3     (12-12)

5  Warren County   0-5     (8-15)

How do you guys see the rest of the regular season and district tournaments going for this region?  I think the region tournament is going to be incredible this year.

The talent is VERY close at the top of 6AAA.    In 6AAA vs 5AAA games there were a few games this year.  Cookeville beat Cleveland twice,  Stone split with Bradley Central.  White County won @ McMinn.  Rhea won @ EH,  split with Walker Valley. and lost twice to McMinn.    

6AAA district tournament is at Stone so they have to be the favorite there.   But it really depends on how the regular season unwinds.   None of our top 4 spots have been decided yet.  The #1 seed in tournament has a huge advantage in this tournament because the other bracket will be a blood bath.  

As far as the Regional tournament goes, its at Bradley this year so that is a GIANT advantage for them.   But you better not sleep on 6AAA this year.  I would not be surprised to see Bradley lose to either of our top 3 on a neutral court.  But the home court advantage will be difficult for 6AAA to overcome.

If the Region Tournament started today the first round games would be as follows:

Rhea @ Bradley

White @ Cleveland

McMinn @ Stone

East Hamilton @ Cookeville

Those would be some really good basketball games.  A lot to be decided in the tournaments.  Good luck to all the teams and fans.

I expect there could be some changes in our standings by year end.    We better be worried about 6AAA right now.   As it stands the district could come down to last game of season.  But I agree there could be some good match ups in Regional. 

Remaining Schedule

Stone still has to play Rhea, WC, and @Cookeville. 

WC plays @Stone  @Rhea and @Warren.   

Cookeville has home games with Warren and Stone.   

Edited by LadyCavsFan

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

The talent is VERY close at the top of 6AAA.    In 6AAA vs 5AAA games there were a few games this year.  Cookeville beat Cleveland twice,  Stone split with Bradley Central.  White County won @ McMinn.  Rhea won @ EH,  split with Walker Valley. and lost twice to McMinn.    

6AAA district tournament is at Stone so they have to be the favorite there.   But it really depends on how the regular season unwinds.   None of our top 4 spots have been decided yet.  The #1 seed in tournament has a huge advantage in this tournament because the other bracket will be a blood bath.  

As far as the Regional tournament goes, its at Bradley this year so that is a GIANT advantage for them.   But you better not sleep on 6AAA this year.  I would not be surprised to see Bradley lose to either of our top 3 on a neutral court.  But the home court advantage will be difficult for 6AAA to overcome.

I think 6AAA is a little stronger overall with their top 4 teams than 5AAA based on the district head to head games you mentioned. Beating Bradley at Bradley will be difficult.  On average, the Bearettes shoot about 10 more free throws at home than their opponents.  

Edited by blitzinbuc

4 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I think 6AAA is a little stronger overall with their top 4 teams than 5AAA based on the district head to head games you mentioned. Beating Bradley at Bradley will be difficult.  On average, the Bearettes shoot about 10 more free throws at home than their opponents.  

The tradition alone is worth about 5-6 pts.  It’s an impressive place to visit.     You pass lot of gold balls on your way in. But this is not the same level of a BC team with Howard.  

On 1/31/2019 at 1:21 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

A slight correction. The Region 3-AAA tournament will be played on the floor of the District 5-AAA tournament winner. You are assuming it will be BCHS and it will be if they win the tourney as expected. The boys will also be on the floor of the District 5-AAA tourney winner. But the first round region games will continue to be played on the floor of the 1st- and 2nd-place teams with 3rd- and 4th-place teams traveling to the opposing district's 1st and 2nd.  Hope that's clear. 

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:22 PM, baconbreath said:

A slight correction. The Region 3-AAA tournament will be played on the floor of the District 5-AAA tournament winner. You are assuming it will be BCHS and it will be if they win the tourney as expected. The boys will also be on the floor of the District 5-AAA tourney winner. But the first round region games will continue to be played on the floor of the 1st- and 2nd-place teams with 3rd- and 4th-place teams traveling to the opposing district's 1st and 2nd.  Hope that's clear. 

Bradley will easily win the district 5 tournament, and should play for the region 3 championship. I still think there's a good chance the region semis could be Bradley and 3 teams from district 6.  Winning the region 3 tourney and hosting substate will be critical if a team wants a chance to advance. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

The tradition alone is worth about 5-6 pts.  It’s an impressive place to visit.     You pass lot of gold balls on your way in. But this is not the same level of a BC team with Howard.  

I think I heard that Bradley hasn't won a gold ball since the mid 70's, before they started playing 5 on 5 full court.  Maybe a Bradley fan can confirm this.

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I think I heard that Bradley hasn't won a gold ball since the mid 70's, before they started playing 5 on 5 full court.  Maybe a Bradley fan can confirm this.

Correct. Bradley's last gold ball came in 1976 when they went 36-0 for the second straight year. Runner-up in 95 and have made it to the state tournament four times since 2010-11. Failed to reach the sectional only once during that stretch. They still have a pretty storied history though, being the winningest program, boys or girls, in the state.

56 minutes ago, statistician96 said:

Correct. Bradley's last gold ball came in 1976 when they went 36-0 for the second straight year. Runner-up in 95 and have made it to the state tournament four times since 2010-11. Failed to reach the sectional only once during that stretch. They still have a pretty storied history though, being the winningest program, boys or girls, in the state.

I thought Dobyns Bennett boys had the most wins in the country?