Region 3AAA

Dadof23

It’s quiet in here... let’s throw out some score predictions for tonight’s game. Add some commentary if you like... I will say

Bradley Central 59

Stone Memorial 56

i think Stone is talented & presents a matchup problem for a Bradley team with only 1 starter close to 6 feet tall. Bradley will have to make more outside shots than they have in a while. They will also have to pressure Stone bringing the ball up the floor. 

A win by either team would not be a big upset. 

Edited by FootballFan51

After watching Miller shut down Hayes I was very impressed.  Her speed troubled Hayes.   I think she will do the same to Walker.   I doubt Capps gets as many open looks as she did vs EH but the matchup still favors Stone.   Bradley Central home court will be a factor and they play with alot of spunk but Stone has been rolling as of late.   I will take Stone by 3.   Stone 59 -  Bradley 56.   

Bradley's defense is what held stone to 35 points. Stone is a mu ch better team then that and should keep it close with Riverdale based on size alone. How is Oakland in region 4 final? They barely best cleveland at beginning of year. Lost to teams they shouldn't have. They don't have a chance against Bradley and would probably lose to stone too. Everybody in the state still wants a bradley Riverdale matchup in state. Bradley's free throw shooting down the stretch and a couple of clutch 3s in the 4th  helped seal the win. It's not a matter of how many you hit but when u hit them. Example, walker hitting one when she had been posting up all night surprised stone. Bradley trailed 27-26 going into the4th but reeled off  straight to start th e quarter and never trailed after that. We only  led 16-14 at halftime. Our defense  definitely was the reason we stayed in the game and didn t lose our composure. Stone went on a 9-2 run in the 3rd to end the quarter with the lead after we took 5 point lead. They outscored us 13-10 in the quarter.  Reiter adjusted and it paid off. Making 18-22  free throws helped too, 12 of 14 from sophomore flair. Early in year allot of media/fans wrote off Bradley because they didn't have howard but it's reuters 4th straight year with at least 30 wins. He admitted in post game interview that this year was his toughest schedule he's ever had to coach. A team like Bradley that has a deep bench can always expect to be in ball games. Csmbree mayo, who started last year, is a superb defensive player off the bench and usually hits the clutch 3 to gain the momentum. I predict Bradley beats Oakland by at least 15. If they somehow host Riverdale it'll be close. Maybe next year they can play Riverdale in regular season in a home and home series or a early season tournament ..well see.