Region 3AAA

Dadof23

Stone is very impressive. After Bradley had a good run to go up 8-10 midway through 4th, Stone had to foul a lot to try to get the ball. If Blair didn’t have her best night all year from the free throw line (12-14, including 10 in a row), it would have been much closer. Very physical game and that is not Bradley’s forte. Walker had a very quiet 14-15 points, but had to work very hard all night against Stone’s two big girls. 

I believe Stone starts 2 sophomores & at least 1 Junior (all are really good!). I will go out on a limb (not really) & predict a rematch in the Region finals next year (and I guess it will be at Stone?). They are head & shoulders the best two teams in the Region. 

Edited by FootballFan51

Th ats how it should be in playoffs. Call less fouls and let them earn their points. I kept hearing fans yelling, "call the foul". I like the more physical play. Now implement s shot clock in playoffs and it'll be very fun to watch, especially in boys. Bradley has a few players that can get physical, Lombard, walker, barnes, and couple others. Unless Oakland has a deep bench they don't stand a chance. Yeah Riverdale spanked stone earlier in year in crossville, but stone has improved greatly since then. Granted anybody can beat anybody on any given day and out of the 16 teams left, Bradley has beaten 10 of them the lastc3 years either in season or in state. Only teams th ey haven't played is Riverdale, Bearden and couple others. 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:36 PM, FootballFan51 said:

Stone is very impressive. After Bradley had a good run to go up 8-10 midway through 4th, Stone had to foul a lot to try to get the ball. If Blair didn’t have her best night all year from the free throw line (12-14, including 10 in a row), it would have been much closer. Very physical game and that is not Bradley’s forte. Walker had a very quiet 14-15 points, but had to work very hard all night against Stone’s two big girls. 

I believe Stone starts 2 sophomores & at least 1 Junior (all are really good!). I will go out on a limb (not really) & predict a rematch in the Region finals next year (and I guess it will be at Stone?). They are head & shoulders the best two teams in the Region. 

She earned every  14 of those points

On 3/1/2019 at 2:03 PM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Anna walker is definitely my favorite Bearette to watch play, shes so talented 

She stepped it up tonight especiallyin 2nd half. They play better when trailing at the half. Cambree mayo hit 2 clutch threes to extend lead after Anna brought the crowd back in it by tski ng the lead for good st 38 36 early in 4th. Number 2 and 12 for Oakland are pretty good