Who goes to the glass house in 1A

Volsfan2000

54 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Great teams don’t miss when a championship is on the line. Thank you 

They could have shot worse and still won, they're going to rebound the miss. CA was the much better team, period. Fundamental basketball beat out a more talented (slightly) team again... no need to alert the media, it happens a lot. For one team to out rebound another by that margin, without a huge disparity in talent or size, just shows the impact that a coach really has... you can argue Jimmy's and joe's all you like, a disciplined team is tough to beat with athletes alone.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

They could have shot worse and still won, they're going to rebound the miss. CA was the much better team, period. Fundamental basketball beat out a more talented (slightly) team again... no need to alert the media, it happens a lot. For one team to out rebound another by that margin, without a huge disparity in talent or size, just shows the impact that a coach really has... you can argue Jimmy's and joe's all you like, a disciplined team is tough to beat with athletes alone.

Exactly. Which is why Coach DeJarnette is such an amazing coach and has deserved this for so long. I called this win back in the football threads months ago

1 minute ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Exactly. Which is why Coach DeJarnette is such an amazing coach and has deserved this for so long. I called this win back in the football threads months ago

Congrat's on the win for your team, it was well deserved and well earned. I enjoy watching any team, in any sport, that plays "the right way" and CA definitely does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Oh yes I forgot Eli came here for high school. But still you get the point. 

Actually #1 - the Ham kid also lives in Marshall Co who moved to CA 2 years ago.  

So you take the Giles Co kid #23, the Santa Fe kid #21 and the Marshall Co kid who are starters and were recruited to come to your school and you have a whole different team. So don’t act like they have been there all along. And that is just the 3 kids I know about. Could be more ??  

The good news is next year you won’t have to hide it.  You can openly recruit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eaglefan4life said:

Actually #1 - the Ham kid also lives in Marshall Co who moved to CA 2 years ago.  

So you take the Giles Co kid #23, the Santa Fe kid #21 and the Marshall Co kid who are starters and were recruited to come to your school and you have a whole different team. So don’t act like they have been there all along. And that is just the 3 kids I know about. Could be more ??  

I’m so sorry we hurt you. Enjoy not having a ring

7 hours ago, eaglefan4life said:

You said those 3 were recruited. That is a TSSAA violation. You have proof someone actually went to those 3 and recruited them to come to CA to play basketball?  I am not a CA fan but I think if you have proof you should bring it forward to the TSSAA. If not you should shut your pie hole. 

11 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

All but one of our players has been here since elementary school

You were defending that your team had been at CA since elementary I was simply stating this was incorrect and called out 3 players who moved there within the last 2 years.   

As far as “proof” no. I don’t have documentation of this.  

The definition of recruit according to Webster’s dictionary is “ to bring in new members.” That is how I was using the term recruit. 

Everyone knows this happens. It is not the first time this has been discussed.  Like I said next year this activity can be open and no longer denied. Won’t that be a relief ????

CA is a good team. Very good. They won!  They should be good with the talent they have from at least 3 counties of all stars. They beat us once in regular season and we beat them once when just one of the said players was out. 

My point is they won and competed in a public school state championship with players who aren’t from Maury Co against schools that are AT LEAST from the same county ! 

40 minutes ago, eaglefan4life said:

You were defending that your team had been at CA since elementary I was simply stating this was incorrect and called out 3 players who moved there within the last 2 years.   

As far as “proof” no. I don’t have documentation of this.  

The definition of recruit according to Webster’s dictionary is “ to bring in new members.” That is how I was using the term recruit. 

Everyone knows this happens. It is not the first time this has been discussed.  Like I said next year this activity can be open and no longer denied. Won’t that be a relief ????

CA is a good team. Very good. They won!  They should be good with the talent they have from at least 3 counties of all stars. They beat us once in regular season and we beat them once when just one of the said players was out. 

My point is they won and competed in a public school state championship with players who aren’t from Maury Co against schools that are AT LEAST from the same county ! 

I have stood by and read this nonsense long enough. First of all, Santa Fe is not in another County (sorry... just needed to point that out for geographical correctness even though it's irrelevant to my upcoming points) Second of all, the kid from Santa Fe sat out an entire year. And let's be realistic, he might have averaged 1 -2 min per game at SF on a team that was 500 at best his freshman year. So for you to make false statements implying he was recruited is absurd.   I understand you love your team and that's great. You should be proud. They played their hearts out. They truly accomplished a lot. When I was in school many years ago, Eagleville was a homecoming game. In fact, CA was a homecoming game too. So to see both programs grow like they have is Great. They were 3 great games and fun to watch. All the kids played hard. But enough is enough of you trying to tear down or "call out" (as you call it) kids..... I'll say it again, Teenage KIDS who worked hard & earned something. Please just be proud of your team as we are super proud of our team. Thank you. 

• Like 2