Who goes to the glass house in 1A

Volsfan2000

2 hours ago, Dunc4265 said:

Sky Polk has been at CA for years, since elementary age... great kid! He has worked his butt off to get to where he was this year. He didn’t make varsity his freshman and possibly his sophomore year, played limited action last year and stepped it up this year. 

Kid was a beast PG. CA had a good team. Boys could shoot and a lot of the shots were contested. Congrats on the Gold Ball!! 

7 hours ago, therickbol said:

It's not complicated. What CA does is not an even playing field with public schools. Bottom line. Really very simple. As you have acknowledged, there are multiple players who were huge pieces of your team that are not CA kids. You still have a good team without them but not a championship team. Public schools can't have a kid from Giles Co. come join the team without moving into their school zone. Facts. You have a bus that drives into other counties to pick up students. Nothing disrespectful to the players or coaches. They were there most complete single A team in the state. No doubt. Great team. Well coached. But the team was not constructed like every other team in the state. Don't try to argue around it. Just own it. Take your gold ball home. Then work hard to win another after this year while playing on an actual LEVEL PLAYING FIELD against D2 schools starting next season.

You're beating a dead horse. The argument has been made, and so has the decision. In the proper format, and at the proper time, I agree with your point of view... right now the CA kids are enjoying a championship won fairly via current TSSAA rules, and shouldn't have that tarnished. "My" team has been part of a district with multiple privates throughout the years... at times I've thought that one of those bent the rules some, but at the same time, I truly feel that we've had a long and good rivalry with at least one who never used their format unfairly. As a disclaimer, I'm not familiar with CA and their "tactics", but I have to agree with BulldawgsRise when he says that nobody complained until they were good. In any event, it's over and done with. CA proved on the floor that they had the best team in 1A this season, they deserve to enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

What does Memphis schools have to do with this?

LOL! Pointing out that this happens in Memphis a lot. I could go on with examples through the years but that's not my intent. People were talking about CA's team and I was just pointing out the obvious. Like I said in the post basketball is different than most the other sports. I personally believe kids should play where they want to play without any penalties. Some people wouldn't like this but is it not about the kids?

18 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

LOL! Pointing out that this happens in Memphis a lot. I could go on with examples through the years but that's not my intent. People were talking about CA's team and I was just pointing out the obvious. Like I said in the post basketball is different than most the other sports. I personally believe kids should play where they want to play without any penalties. Some people wouldn't like this but is it not about the kids?

Playing where you want to play is college or AAU. Not high school basketball. Geez!

7 minutes ago, Lynnvegas said:

Playing where you want to play is college or AAU. Not high school basketball. Geez!

Geez! Maybe that would make schools become more competitive in academics. People are going to want their kids to get a good education to. What if a kid lives in a school district that is below academic standards? Should that kid be penalized for wanting a better education and he or she happens to play sports? I personally don’t think so but I’m sure you and several others might disagree. What if it was your kid in that situation? Would you still feel the same way?  

19 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Geez! Maybe that would make schools become more competitive in academics. People are going to want their kids to get a good education to. What if a kid lives in a school district that is below academic standards? Should that kid be penalized for wanting a better education and he or she happens to play sports? I personally don’t think so but I’m sure you and several others might disagree. What if it was your kid in that situation? Would you still feel the same way?  

Thats the classic excuse for people who have or want to break transfer rules. If there were no transfer rules and Michael Jordan was coaching at the LOWEST performing academic school in America there would be a line 6 miles long to transfer in there!

On 3/19/2019 at 8:43 AM, old24eagle said:

Thats the classic excuse for people who have or want to break transfer rules. If there were no transfer rules and Michael Jordan was coaching at the LOWEST performing academic school in America there would be a line 6 miles long to transfer in there!

Why do you think private schools are thriving in Tennessee? Do you think it has to do with academics at all?  There are still some very good public schools but if you were to compare test scores the private schools are typically much higher. Private schools in the very near future will dominate Tennessee sports and academics because of attitude like yours. I'm actually a public school supporter but can see where this is headed. 

This conversation will forever be pointless. CA is going D2 next season. No matter what anyone says, people will always claim that we did it the wrong way even though we didn’t. But nothing changes that CA won the gold ball this year and was by far the best team in 1A and was able to win 31 games with the hardest schedule in the state. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Why do you think private schools are thriving in Tennessee? Do you think it has to do with academics at all?  There are still some very good public schools but if you were to compare test scores the private schools are typically much higher. Private schools in the very near future will dominate Tennessee sports and academics because of attitude like yours. I'm actually a public school supporter but can see where this is headed. 

Test scores comparing public and private is a garbage statistic! Public schools test EVERYONE! Public tests SPED ,  low income , single parent , kids who have ZERO support at home , kids who have ZERO aspirations for further education , and kids who didn't eat or sleep the night before. How many of those kids do private schools test? Take the top 10 % of students in both public and private and you wont know the difference in test scores. Thats the same thing that irks me when they say New Guinea or some third world country has higher science scores than the USA. We educate and test everyone, the rest of the world tests their best and brightest only!

What was wrong with my attitude? I didnt say i would send my kid there or that  I approved. You said academics was the reason kids transferred , I said that was not 100% true. You even agreed with me??