Who goes to the glass house in 1A

Volsfan2000

12 hours ago, Volsfan2000 said:

Lol humboldt , or any Memphis team will come to clay CO for a sub-state game however you fixing to eat them words at state if you make it and i will tell you now clay CO will NOT BEAT HUMBOLDT. I have seen clay co play in a live feed from coach t and clay co does. Not have anything for humboldt 

Easy to say on a message board.  If both teams are fortunate enough to make it to the state tournament hopefully we will find out. No doubt Humboldt has a good team and I’m pulling for them to beat whomever they play in the substate game vs Memphis. Clay a state tournament tested team and is well coached.  This same team last year led Memphis Douglas the entire game before losing at the end by 3.  That’s the same Douglas team that beat Humboldt by 40!!!!!!!! Clay didn’t lose a player off of last years team and they are better than they were last year so if I’m you I’d put the pipe down and come back to earth before you start saying who can and cannot beat Humboldt. 

21 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Easy to say on a message board.  If both teams are fortunate enough to make it to the state tournament hopefully we will find out. No doubt Humboldt has a good team and I’m pulling for them to beat whomever they play in the substate game vs Memphis. Clay a state tournament tested team and is well coached.  This same team last year led Memphis Douglas the entire game before losing at the end by 3.  That’s the same Douglas team that beat Humboldt by 40!!!!!!!! Clay didn’t lose a player off of last years team and they are better than they were last year so if I’m you I’d put the pipe down and come back to earth before you start saying who can and cannot beat Humboldt. 

this year Manassas and BTW teams better than last years Douglass team.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

That's why you play the game, can't go by last year because there's a lot of things that must happen. If, you look at the game last year Humboldt was down four (4) at halftime & Douglas came out and hit every three (3) point shot and Humboldt couldn't hit the back of a barn but that's why you got to come play for four (4) quarters during tournament.

I think, what's going to be Humboldt problem is that Coach Abernathy will live & die by playing man defense & want make any defensive adjustments. Humboldt will have to play a complete game to even have a chance to make it to Murfreesboro & anybody is beatable on any give night so when/if that time comes, the play on the court will decide who's better that day!!!!! I have seen many upsets during Regional tournaments so no team is automatic on making it to state.

35 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

That's why you play the game, can't go by last year because there's a lot of things that must happen. If, you look at the game last year Humboldt was down four (4) at halftime & Douglas came out and hit every three (3) point shot and Humboldt couldn't hit the back of a barn but that's why you got to come play for four (4) quarters during tournament.

I think, what's going to be Humboldt problem is that Coach Abernathy will live & die by playing man defense & want make any defensive adjustments. Humboldt will have to play a complete game to even have a chance to make it to Murfreesboro & anybody is beatable on any give night so when/if that time comes, the play on the court will decide who's better that day!!!!! I have seen many upsets during Regional tournaments so no team is automatic on making it to state.

Well said sir!  My money is still on Humboldt at home against any Class A team out of Memphis in a substate game. 

41 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Listen! THEY WILL NOT BEAT MANASSAS OR BTW BY PLAYING MAN2MAN THE ENTIRE GAME! TRUST ME! He better be good at adjusting.

19 minutes ago, coachzero said:

Listen! THEY WILL NOT BEAT MANASSAS OR BTW BY PLAYING MAN2MAN THE ENTIRE GAME! TRUST ME! He better be good at adjusting.

Finally something we agree on!  No class A team is going to beat a Memphis team playing straight up man to man. I have yet to see a class A Memphis team shoot the ball very well from the outside so until they prove they can hit a shot above the foul line I would be back in a 2/3 zone packed in tightly and rebound well. Be patient in offense and take a ton of charges on defense. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Finally something we agree on!  No class A team is going to beat a Memphis team playing straight up man to man. I have yet to see a class A Memphis team shoot the ball very well from the outside so until they prove they can hit a shot above the foul line I would be back in a 2/3 zone packed in tightly and rebound well. Be patient in offense and take a ton of charges on defense. 

You'll never get it through this guy's head that the best basketball team on the floor may not be the best five players in any given game. Three or four years ago BTW had an amazing 7 man rotation, led by an SEC caliber (multiple offers... chose Ole Miss) player and about three other mid major recruits... they lost in the first round to Lake County, who in turn lost to Perry County, who lost in the championship game to a team from the other bracket. Theoretically, you could argue them to be the worst team of the eight in Murfreesboro, but I guarantee you that they had better talent than any team there.

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You'll never get it through this guy's head that the best basketball team on the floor may not be the best five players in any given game. Three or four years ago BTW had an amazing 7 man rotation, led by an SEC caliber (multiple offers... chose Ole Miss) player and about three other mid major recruits... they lost in the first round to Lake County, who in turn lost to Perry County, who lost in the championship game to a team from the other bracket. Theoretically, you could argue them to be the worst team of the eight in Murfreesboro, but I guarantee you that they had better talent than any team there.

Makes his teams much easier to prepare for because you know what he’s going to run. So basically he’s just trying to out execute you and out athlete you on the floor.  That will work during the regular season when you have the athletes Humboldt has year in and year out. Not so much in a substate game against Memphis teams or even Region games against quality competition. 

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I agree!! It’s all about team ball & making the adjustments because many teams with more talent don’t always wins! Also, it’s  Hard to adjust to shooting in that open gym in Murfreesboro but usually the team that plays great  team ball & make adjustments  usually wins!!! Humboldt has a good team but which team will show up & will Coach Abnernathy make any defense adjustments, time will tell! 

22 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Not gone work vs MAnassas or BTW! All 5 starters for both teams can shoot well from the outside! In secionals playing at a regular gym shots gone fall! At Boro shots may not fall! BOTH TEAMS HAVE GREAT SHOOTERS! BTW AND MANASSAS DON"T LIVE BY THE 3 LIKE DOUGLASS FROM LAST YEAR!