Who goes to the glass house in 1A

Volsfan2000

11 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt vs Union City Monday night at University of Tennessee at Martin, Vikings got to show up & play and leave it all on the court!

Union City will have to play one of their best games.  They are very streaky for sure.  One thing for sure, Union City plays around 10 to 11 deep.  Can shoot the outside shot and have 3 bigs on the inside that are rotated.  

6 hours ago, ucdiditagain said:

Union City will have to play one of their best games.  They are very streaky for sure.  One thing for sure, Union City plays around 10 to 11 deep.  Can shoot the outside shot and have 3 bigs on the inside that are rotated.  

Humboldt needs to show up & play good team defense and contain Union City McMillian as well as stay out of foul trouble. Anthony Jones needs to have a big game in order for the Vikings to pull out a win or their season is over.

59 minutes ago, coachzero said:

Why do they always get in foul trouble?

Humboldt plays only man defense and sometimes plays to aggressive and gets silly fouls. Also, the coaches need to take players out of the game when they get in foul trouble early. The last game against Trenton, Anthony Jones got three (3) fouls in first quarter but should have been taken out when he got his second foul. Humboldt will not win without Jones playing a majority of game & that's a fact. Hopefully, Trenton & Humboldt will be a good game Wednesday but I hope the Vikings will pull out the win for a sub-state home game.

27 minutes ago, coachzero said:

If HB comes to Memphis and plays BTW, Manassas, or MAHS at home I think HB will lose!  You will not beat them playing pressure man 2 man.

Recipe for beating BTW, Manassas... play zone defense break their press and rebound well. Be patient on offense and take charges. You’ll win by double digits. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

On 2/5/2019 at 1:49 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Yup last years Douglas team beat a Clay County team full of sophomores and juniors by 3 in the state tournament after Clay led the entire game. Same team coming back this year only much better!  So I’ll say it again Manassas or BTW would not and could not beat Clay County in a substate game if it was held in Celina Tn!  Now if it was held in Memphis then its a toss up. I’ll give you that much. Humboldt is too good to lose at home in a substate game this year. I might come and watch since Clay will win by 30 in their substate game should they survive a miracle upset in the region. 

Clay co has a schedule where they play pretty much a middle school team so go figure