Warren County Vacancy

jaz

Call them like I see them.  LOL

Now Warren County folks tell me another thing.  How long is this one going to last?  Are we going to see the kids quitting before spring even begin?  Are y'all even going to have a team anymore?

YES, I am being cynical and I truly hope it makes y'all madder than all get out.  I hope it also pushes y'all to go all out to prove ME WRONG.

Let the flames begin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 12:48 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

And some of us are former Detectives and Guard Battalion Commanders with connections in both Warren and Smith Counties.

Having that kind of knowledge is why GR hates some of us here in Ruco.  LOL

Besides I know how to read a calendar and count to 9!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So you left WC for Ruco and ended up with the coach we hoped we would get in 1987.

Never lived either place.  Just commanded a National Guard Battalion that was made up of companies in 8 different places.  As such I had to go to them ALL often and got to know a bunch of folks from Guard Commanders and ALL the senior leadership and law enforcement, medical and school boards of them all.

Like Gary Rankin likes to tell folks he 'roomed' with Phil Fulmer.  He did for exactly 2 weeks, and then Fulmer threw him out.  That and little facts as to how he met his wife........and so on and  so on.

One thing I know if you want to actually know something and folks in small places will tell you if you just listen and care.

I have never written everything I KNOW on here as some things are NOBODIES business but the folks involved.  Yes, Gary Rankin is a pretty good coach, but he is NOT the football God he and some folks would like you to believe.

• Like 1

I just hope the Administration butts out on the actual running of the team and give the HC an honest chance.  I further hope the same administration does what it needs to, to support the team.  Boosters also the same as for the administration.  Coach may not see your little prize as the next Tom Brady, but needs him where ever he fits.  Even if that is as a tackling dummy in practice.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As a parent of a football athlete,  I've watched my son be a part of a sport that he loves but wasn't happy and didn't enjoy the game anymore for the past two years.  Now,  going into his Junior year i already see change.  Granted,  it's still early and I won't hold my breath,  but if Matt Turner sticks with it and continues on the way he's started he will have success.  It may not show suddenly, I'm sure he's got a lot of bad habits to break and a mess to cleanup after. Aside from that,  he is what those young men football athlete need.... He is an inspiration to those kids!