Cleveland

uofl

So they hire basically the same coach that just left. You had a coach that won a title an ran split back veer and everyone hated it down there. Kids were transferring cause of offense. Well now you hire a coach that runs the wing-t and hasn’t won a title. I’m just curious to what is the major difference now. 

58 minutes ago, uofl said:

So they hire basically the same coach that just left. You had a coach that won a title an ran split back veer and everyone hated it down there. Kids were transferring cause of offense. Well now you hire a coach that runs the wing-t and hasn’t won a title. I’m just curious to what is the major difference now. 

Kids didn’t leave because of the offense Cummings ran. Cummings only ran the Veer his first year at Cleveland. Kids left because nobody liked him and the way he ran things. Kids, parents and even other coaches didn’t even want to coach along side him. He wasn’t even like in the community.

Edited by fooseball95

21 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Kids didn’t leave because of the offense Cummings ran. Cummings only ran the Veer his first year at Cleveland. Kids left because nobody liked him and the way he ran things. Kids, parents and even other coaches didn’t even want to coach along side him. He wasn’t even like in the community.

Gotta be the right “fit” at Cleveland regardless of x and o’s ability.  Best of luck to him.

Have watched Marty Wheeler coach from afar. I can tell you, you guys in Cleveland got a great coach and a great leader of young men. The teams at Covington high have always been well coached and well disciplined on and off of the field. Hopefully people will accept him and his ways, because I promise you, if you buy in, he will make that a winning program year in and year out. 

9 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Have watched Marty Wheeler coach from afar. I can tell you, you guys in Cleveland got a great coach and a great leader of young men. The teams at Covington high have always been well coached and well disciplined on and off of the field. Hopefully people will accept him and his ways, because I promise you, if you buy in, he will make that a winning program year in and year out. 

That’s exactly what we need. Talent, facilities, funds, resources are there for him at Cleveland. But also need discipline and a strong leader as a coach to put it all together 

My son played for Marty for four years and I guarantee the kids will love him!! We won lots of ballgames and went to state title game his senior year then again this year. He was also assistant on two charger teams that played for state championships. If I’m not mistaken didn’t Oakland win the championship in 6-a running the wing t —just saying it can be done. It all comes down to the fundamentals,blocking and tackling and I guarantee he’ll teach that.I hate to see him leave!!

10 minutes ago, bglass said:

My son played for Marty for four years and I guarantee the kids will love him!! We won lots of ballgames and went to state title game his senior year then again this year. He was also assistant on two charger teams that played for state championships. If I’m not mistaken didn’t Oakland win the championship in 6-a running the wing t —just saying it can be done. It all comes down to the fundamentals,blocking and tackling and I guarantee he’ll teach that.I hate to see him leave!!

Heard nothing but great things about him,  definitely excited

My son played for him as well. I’m also the Covington Booster Club President for the last 4 years. I will say as a parent and president that I’m a Marty Wheeler fan. If your kids buy in and the community supports him Cleveland will do great. I’ll definitely be a Cleveland fan now. He left our program a heckuva lot better than when he took over. 

44 minutes ago, Jmm475 said:

My son played for him as well. I’m also the Covington Booster Club President for the last 4 years. I will say as a parent and president that I’m a Marty Wheeler fan. If your kids buy in and the community supports him Cleveland will do great. I’ll definitely be a Cleveland fan now. He left our program a heckuva lot better than when he took over. 

Thank you! Hopefully u y’all can find a guy and continue what he had going. Good luck to Covington 

Been a friend of Coach Wheelers for awhile.   He's a regular on our show and very entertaining.   Great personality and the kids love him.   Better than that, he knows how to assemble a staff and he's one heck of a Coach!   To the guy with the remarks about not winning a title...…….  He would of won the last two if he wasn't in the same class as Alcoa!   How many "champions" over the last two years would of beaten that Alcoa squad?  (in any class)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1