Cleveland

uofl

On 2/11/2019 at 9:19 AM, oaklandfan said:

Posters are saying this is a great job. Saying it is a top 5 job in east tn. I know some of you on here are from Cleveland so explain how it is a great job. #1 You have to go thru Maryville and Oakland just to get to the State Championship. Also how are the football facilities? I have seen Bradleys on their website is Cleveland up to par with Bradley as far as Locker Room, Weight Room and Fieldhouse?  

Great job cause of the history that school brings, city school and the talent that is actually here in Cleveland that us Bradley Bears keeps stealing. Cleveland has great facilities all the way around. That school is coming along with new buildings and the gym may be one of the nicest gyms in Tennessee. I may be wrong, but bout the only thing that Bradley has going better is the new indoor practice fieldhouse. It's very nice. I do not believe Cleveland has one. Unfortunately i was dating an Cleveland blue Raider alumni at one time. She took me for a site seeing when her daughter was playing bball. Everything at Cleveland is nice. Only thing cleveland is lacking is having their pride back  and middle school pipeline.

The talent is here for them, but luckily for us, they are going to Bradley. (Which is a great thing) most likely one of the only reasons that Bradley has this winning streak against them. Sophmore WR Curry. Holds offers from Georgia, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Tennessee,  Mizz and many more. That is what we're getting from Cleveland Middle. It never was like this. Everything is great at Cleveland, except coaching. If the right coach is there, all he needs to do is work on those middle schoolers. Cleveland would be back. 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:22 AM, DaBears1976 said:

Great job cause of the history that school brings, city school and the talent that is actually here in Cleveland that us Bradley Bears keeps stealing. Cleveland has great facilities all the way around. That school is coming along with new buildings and the gym may be one of the nicest gyms in Tennessee. I may be wrong, but bout the only thing that Bradley has going better is the new indoor practice fieldhouse. It's very nice. I do not believe Cleveland has one. Unfortunately i was dating an Cleveland blue Raider alumni at one time. She took me for a site seeing when her daughter was playing bball. Everything at Cleveland is nice. Only thing cleveland is lacking is having their pride back  and middle school pipeline.

The talent is here for them, but luckily for us, they are going to Bradley. (Which is a great thing) most likely one of the only reasons that Bradley has this winning streak against them. Sophmore WR Curry. Holds offers from Georgia, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Tennessee,  Mizz and many more. That is what we're getting from Cleveland Middle. It never was like this. Everything is great at Cleveland, except coaching. If the right coach is there, all he needs to do is work on those middle schoolers. Cleveland would be back. 

so are you outta the loop.....or r you part of the know that has managed to keep him away from leavin to that private school

Booger just sayin :shock:

7 minutes ago, Booger said:

so are you outta the loop.....or r you part of the know that has managed to keep him away from leavin to that private school

Booger just sayin :shock:

All everyone knows is that it's been talked about. Someone told me the story about him that's kin to Curry. My honest opinion i would love for him to go somewhere that would and could get him "college ready". Both football and academinlly. The kid is a star in the making with the right coaching and teaching. 

Edited by DaBears1976

On 2/8/2019 at 5:15 PM, DonDraper said:

Had the right guy in Crawford.  Hope the new guy does well but it won’t be easy.  Lots of things at CHS outside of x and o’s that can eat a good coach up if he’s not ready to work hard at building relationships, instilling compassionate discipline and continually having a presence at the Middle School (without recruiting). It’s open enrollment with 2 6A schools and another 5A school in the county.  The Bradley program is now very appealing to a lot of kids because of Coach Floyd and the type of offense they run.  It won’t be an easy first year or 2.  They have lost a ton of kids from the Middle School program in the past couple of years.  Hope he realizes the challenges in front of him.

You are certainly right about Coach Crawford. He was a well-liked and respected head coach who never got what was promised at CHS according to him when he left. The only thing that Cleveland and Covington have in common is that it takes 9 letters to spell both names and it starts with a capital 'C'. This will be the 5th head coach at CHs that Floyd had faced while head coach at BCHS. Any wonder why kids are flocking to Bradley?

22 hours ago, baconbreath said:

You are certainly right about Coach Crawford. He was a well-liked and respected head coach who never got what was promised at CHS according to him when he left. The only thing that Cleveland and Covington have in common is that it takes 9 letters to spell both names and it starts with a capital 'C'. This will be the 5th head coach at CHs that Floyd had faced while head coach at BCHS. Any wonder why kids are flocking to Bradley?

What was he promised? 

I have not met the new coach for Cleveland but I can tell you he started off on the right foot here IMO. He came by and congratulated all four of the boys that won wrestling state individual titles this past weekend. We only had two wrestlers play football the last two years because of the lack of relationship building by the previous group. I have a feeling that will be changing in the future.

2 hours ago, JIII said:

I have not met the new coach for Cleveland but I can tell you he started off on the right foot here IMO. He came by and congratulated all four of the boys that won wrestling state individual titles this past weekend. We only had two wrestlers play football the last two years because of the lack of relationship building by the previous group. I have a feeling that will be changing in the future.

Wrestlers make great football players!Glad to see some progress.

• Like 1