Cleveland

uofl

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Wrestlers make great Football players, MMA fighters, etc. Basically, Wrestlers are just Great!

GB used to be a great wrestling school when Ridge and Jamie Miller were coaching (Ridge wasnt much of a football coach but was a GREAT wrestling coach).Our football team had a bunch of Allstate wrestlers who were also Allstate football players also.When my youngest was being recruited for football most coaches asked if he was a wrestler,Colleges really like wrestlers/footballers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, JIII said:

I have not met the new coach for Cleveland but I can tell you he started off on the right foot here IMO. He came by and congratulated all four of the boys that won wrestling state individual titles this past weekend. We only had two wrestlers play football the last two years because of the lack of relationship building by the previous group. I have a feeling that will be changing in the future.

Here is an interview I had with Coach Wheeler following the title game last year.   He's a heck of a Coach and he really loves his kids:

Coach Marty Wheeler

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, BlueRaider91 said:

New to the T and was hoping to find a Cleveland thread. Does anyone know how they’ve done in 7 v 7 this summer or about any scrimmages? I love the hire of Coach Wheeler and I’m really curious to see what he can do with this team after the last staffs debacle!

Welcome to the T. I don't keep up with 7 vs. 7, but welcome anyway.

16 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Welcome to the T. I don't keep up with 7 vs. 7, but welcome anyway.

Thanks! Yeah I was wondering how they looked and if there were any upcoming scrimmages lined up. After seeing what Coach Wheeler did with Covington, I’m excited to see how we look this season!

Edited by BlueRaider91
  • Like 1