Cleveland

uofl

51 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Been a friend of Coach Wheelers for awhile.   He's a regular on our show and very entertaining.   Great personality and the kids love him.   Better than that, he knows how to assemble a staff and he's one heck of a Coach!   To the guy with the remarks about not winning a title...…….  He would of won the last two if he wasn't in the same class as Alcoa!   How many "champions" over the last two years would of beaten that Alcoa squad?  (in any class)

This is the truth. Especially this past year. I was very impressed how Covington went toe to toe with Alcoa for all four quarters and almost pulled it out. I know all the Alcoa faithful on the T have the upmost respect for that team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is the truth. Especially this past year. I was very impressed how Covington went toe to toe with Alcoa for all four quarters and almost pulled it out. I know all the Alcoa faithful on the T have the upmost respect for that team. 

My understanding is Coach Rankin was Coach Wheeler's biggest supporter when he was going after this job.    When I interviewed him following their win in Cookeville, his first comments were  to compliment Marty and his staff on an excellent game plan.  When you have the respect of a peer like Gary Rankin, it doesn't get anymore impressive than that.

Edited by FridayMainEvent
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, WICKEDTUNA said:

Congratulations to Coach Wheeler and his family, I hope the Cleveland community accepts them with open arms and a warm welcome. I know at one time Cleveland won a few state championships running the Wing-T offense, so it can be done.  Good luck to Raider Nation!! WT

Greatly appreciate, greet and meet coming soon, very excited. On him bringing the wing-t back. Won me 3 rings so I’m all for it. I know Oakland runs it so it can be done at the 6a level

38 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Greatly appreciate, greet and meet coming soon, very excited. On him bringing the wing-t back. Won me 3 rings so I’m all for it. I know Oakland runs it so it can be done at the 6a level

FB95, I remember those teams in 93, 94, 95, I had to coach against them a few times in the playoffs. If I remember correctly Cleveland had won 54 in a row at one time. Again congrats to Coach Wheeler and the Cleveland community. WT

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bglass said:

My son played for Marty for four years and I guarantee the kids will love him!! We won lots of ballgames and went to state title game his senior year then again this year. He was also assistant on two charger teams that played for state championships. If I’m not mistaken didn’t Oakland win the championship in 6-a running the wing t —just saying it can be done. It all comes down to the fundamentals,blocking and tackling and I guarantee he’ll teach that.I hate to see him leave!!

bglass, I agree with you. Wheeler has impressed me every time I watch him coach. The 2017 semi final game vs PC was a great example of what he can do with his players. Most teams would have quit in that situation, Wheeler was able to send his team on to the state championship game and send the highly touted Firebirds home.

thinkin them blue raider fans have as much reason to b excited as they had in quite sumtime......and Booger excited for them......lotta athletes up there that should allow him to produce fairly soon.....if Wheeler brought sum politickin skills with him and them old salts that r stuck in the past up there can quit tellin him what Benny did in the early 90's every time they see him...this guy just might b what Cleveland has been waitin on.....Booger cant wait to see what he can do.....football is always better round these parts when cleveland can compete

... if Wheeler got a free all u can eat dinin pass clause at that Keith Street Hairless Bistro.....blue raider nation could see a rare combo win gainst Bradley Central & Ooldewah this comin season .....but just as long as he can beat BC

....one thing is for sure....the local Santek Garbage & Cash a Check power players bid for suprimacy is once again at full boar

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

On 2/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, fooseball95 said:

Kids didn’t leave because of the offense Cummings ran. Cummings only ran the Veer his first year at Cleveland. Kids left because nobody liked him and the way he ran things. Kids, parents and even other coaches didn’t even want to coach along side him. He wasn’t even like in the community.

It seemed so strange why he vacated his desk so fast and turned up at Halls.

2m78zr4.jpg

• Like 1