Cleveland

uofl

8 hours ago, Booger said:

thinkin them blue raider fans have as much reason to b excited as they had in quite sumtime......and Booger excited for them......lotta athletes up there that should allow him to produce fairly soon.....if Wheeler brought sum politickin skills with him and them old salts that r stuck in the past up there can quit tellin him what Benny did in the early 90's every time they see him...this guy just might b what Cleveland has been waitin on.....Booger cant wait to see what he can do.....football is always better round these parts when cleveland can compete

... if Wheeler got a free all u can eat dinin pass clause at that Keith Street Hairless Bistro.....blue raider nation could see a rare combo win gainst Bradley Central & Ooldewah this comin season .....but just as long as he can beat BC

....one thing is for sure....the local Santek Garbage & Cash a Check power players bid for suprimacy is once again at full boar

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Gonna take a couple years to get that program turned around.  It won’t get turned around unless they can stop the Bear pipeline from the Middle School.  It’s not gonna be easy as long as Coach Floyd is at Bradley.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:43 AM, WICKEDTUNA said:

Congratulations to Coach Wheeler and his family, I hope the Cleveland community accepts them with open arms and a warm welcome. I know at one time Cleveland won a few state championships running the Wing-T offense, so it can be done.  Good luck to Raider Nation!! WT

Covington's wing-t offense is more of a formation they run plays out of. Sweep, dive, midline option, midline lead, and triple option are the running plays l saw watching a highlight vs Alcoa in the state championship game. They were very physical and aggressive on offense especially at FB, QB, and on-line.                     Cleveland did not just line up in a wing-t formation, the actually ran wing-t plays. Sweep, trap, belly, criss-cross, boot, QP, etc. With multiple blocking schemes based on pulling guards. Cleveland ran those plays with precision, speed, and power. I don't know who else ran it as good. Webb has been great at it for years with real wing-t plays.      Covingtons offense is more like Gibbs offense with the formation l would call a double wing. They are both good at running the ball. The FB plays seem to be the key to the offense.

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Covington's wing-t offense is more of a formation they run plays out of. Sweep, dive, midline option, midline lead, and triple option are the running plays l saw watching a highlight vs Alcoa in the state championship game. They were very physical and aggressive on offense especially at FB, QB, and on-line.                     Cleveland did not just line up in a wing-t formation, the actually ran wing-t plays. Sweep, trap, belly, criss-cross, boot, QP, etc. With multiple blocking schemes based on pulling guards. Cleveland ran those plays with precision, speed, and power. I don't know who else ran it as good. Webb has been great at it for years with real wing-t plays.      Covingtons offense is more like Gibbs offense with the formation l would call a double wing. They are both good at running the ball. The FB plays seem to be the key to the offense.

Covington didn’t run same offense in Championship game as they had all season. Wheeler ran Wing T at Covington  because it gave him best chance to win with talent we had. I believe he’ll run whatever offense at Cleveland that gives him best chance to win depending on his talent. My son payed for Marty and believe me they ran the buck sweep and trap a million times!!

6 hours ago, TNFootballFanatic said:

If the right coach was just hired at cleveland, watch out! They will be top two in that district in the very near future. IMO Cleveland is a top five job in East TN. City School, community that wants to win, facilities, plenty of athletes, etc. Let see how long it takes to turn around.... 

Had the right guy in Crawford.  Hope the new guy does well but it won’t be easy.  Lots of things at CHS outside of x and o’s that can eat a good coach up if he’s not ready to work hard at building relationships, instilling compassionate discipline and continually having a presence at the Middle School (without recruiting). It’s open enrollment with 2 6A schools and another 5A school in the county.  The Bradley program is now very appealing to a lot of kids because of Coach Floyd and the type of offense they run.  It won’t be an easy first year or 2.  They have lost a ton of kids from the Middle School program in the past couple of years.  Hope he realizes the challenges in front of him.

Posters are saying this is a great job. Saying it is a top 5 job in east tn. I know some of you on here are from Cleveland so explain how it is a great job. #1 You have to go thru Maryville and Oakland just to get to the State Championship. Also how are the football facilities? I have seen Bradleys on their website is Cleveland up to par with Bradley as far as Locker Room, Weight Room and Fieldhouse?  

5 hours ago, oaklandfan said:

Posters are saying this is a great job. Saying it is a top 5 job in east tn. I know some of you on here are from Cleveland so explain how it is a great job. #1 You have to go thru Maryville and Oakland just to get to the State Championship. Also how are the football facilities? I have seen Bradleys on their website is Cleveland up to par with Bradley as far as Locker Room, Weight Room and Fieldhouse?  

Cleveland is a City Job..... Makes it better than a RuCo Job by pay alone. Not saying athletes are similar by all means. Everything around Cleveland is better. Top Jobs in East Tn (not in order) D.B/ Science Hill/ Oak Ridge/ Greeneville/ Maryville/ Alcoa/ Cleveland/ Private Schools "others are possible" depending on your teaching experience. 

RuCo has to deal with all schools. Cleveland deals with two Walker Valley and Bradley. Only reason why Bradley has been on the climb is because Cleveland has taken steps back. However, everything comes back around. Cleveland Facilities are Top Notch in East. (This is why TEAMS traveling in the playoff from East to Middle, hate doing it because of field conditions. Only 1(ONE) facility can relate to those programs that Oaklands Indoor. Other than that nothing else compares. 

Yes, you do play in a tough Region and go through Ooltewah, Bradley, and Maryville. 

Cleveland is a terrific place to live and raise a family.  Which makes it a top job on the East Side! 

50 minutes ago, EastTNGoogleGuy said:

Cleveland is a City Job..... Makes it better than a RuCo Job by pay alone. Not saying athletes are similar by all means. Everything around Cleveland is better. Top Jobs in East Tn (not in order) D.B/ Science Hill/ Oak Ridge/ Greeneville/ Maryville/ Alcoa/ Cleveland/ Private Schools "others are possible" depending on your teaching experience. 

RuCo has to deal with all schools. Cleveland deals with two Walker Valley and Bradley. Only reason why Bradley has been on the climb is because Cleveland has taken steps back. However, everything comes back around. Cleveland Facilities are Top Notch in East. (This is why TEAMS traveling in the playoff from East to Middle, hate doing it because of field conditions. Only 1(ONE) facility can relate to those programs that Oaklands Indoor. Other than that nothing else compares. 

Yes, you do play in a tough Region and go through Ooltewah, Bradley, and Maryville. 

Cleveland is a terrific place to live and raise a family.  Which makes it a top job on the East Side! 

You obviously do not know much about facilities in middle Tenn to say those that.