East Hickman

ocac

5 hours ago, thewardogisback33 said:

Nobody wants the job

Considering the fact that East Hickman has been open since Oct 27, or 112 days ago, and the 1st job open of the off-season,  I am starting to believe as well no one wants the job.  They apparently have an interim coach on staff that has been running the program since that time.  If I was that guy, I would have some questions for sure as to why he is not the coach moving forward.  We have also heard that maybe 3 guys have been offered and accepted the job recently. This is so Hickman Countyish.  Never a dull moment.

Edited by ocac

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, ocac said:

Considering the fact that East Hickman has been open since Oct 27, or 112 days ago, and the 1st job open of the off-season,  I am starting to believe as well no one wants the job.  They apparently have an interim coach on staff that has been running the program since that time.  If I was that guy, I would have some questions for sure as to why he is not the coach moving forward.  We have also heard that maybe 3 guys have been offered and accepted the job recently. This is so Hickman Countyish.  Never a dull moment.

They had over 50 apply for the position, so I think it has taken a while to weed through everything, as far as offering 3 different coaches the job, I believe that is misinformation. Also considering the recent state of the program, I would like to think that they are just doing their due diligence to insure they hire the right Man for the job. Besides they have a very good man in an interim position that is very passionate about the TEAM, so I see no harm in them taking their time to insure they get it right.

5 hours ago, BAMABOY72 said:

They had over 50 apply for the position, so I think it has taken a while to weed through everything, as far as offering 3 different coaches the job, I believe that is misinformation. Also considering the recent state of the program, I would like to think that they are just doing their due diligence to insure they hire the right Man for the job. Besides they have a very good man in an interim position that is very passionate about the TEAM, so I see no harm in them taking their time to insure they get it right.

Which is exactly why I said I would be concerned as the interim moving forward.  You said:  Good man, passionate about the TEAM.  That is usually what administrators look for in a coach.  The last thing EH people should look for right now are wins.  The last 6-7 years for East Hickman have been brutal.  I keep hearing stories of great kids walking the hallway not wanting to play.  They need to hire someone who can fix the culture and get kids out of the hallway and get administration on their side and share the same vision.  

5 hours ago, ocac said:

Which is exactly why I said I would be concerned as the interim moving forward.  You said:  Good man, passionate about the TEAM.  That is usually what administrators look for in a coach.  The last thing EH people should look for right now are wins.  The last 6-7 years for East Hickman have been brutal.  I keep hearing stories of great kids walking the hallway not wanting to play.  They need to hire someone who can fix the culture and get kids out of the hallway and get administration on their side and share the same vision.  

East Hickman does need to make sure they get the right guy! Kids walking the halls is everywhere. It starts with "CULTURE" can the right guy come in and change that, as soon as he steps on campus. It takes everyone on the same page from Superintendent on down. 

Losses will translate to margin of losses, Then win a game your not suppose to. That's how it will change.

Kids will come out if the culture is right. 

Seems like this hire of the football coach can be pivotel. Football is the start of the year. Good Season = Even BETTER SCHOOL YEAR. This is a fact.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastTNGoogleGuy said:

East Hickman does need to make sure they get the right guy! Kids walking the halls is everywhere. It starts with "CULTURE" can the right guy come in and change that, as soon as he steps on campus. It takes everyone on the same page from Superintendent on down. 

Losses will translate to margin of losses, Then win a game your not suppose to. That's how it will change.

Kids will come out if the culture is right. 

Seems like this hire of the football coach can be pivotel. Football is the start of the year. Good Season = Even BETTER SCHOOL YEAR. This is a fact.  

Thank you for the lesson

On 2/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, buffalobill said:

Ryan Bridges is being announced as the next head coach at East Hickman...…….

On 2/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, buffalobill said:

The above guy mentioned was called and offered the job and accepted ….so no assuming here just facts Jack!!!

You are absolutely correct Buffalobill.  No reason to question you or your sources at all.  You or your sources were spot on.  Jack!  smh

• Upvote 1