East Hickman

ocac

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:27 PM, ocac said:

Which is exactly why I said I would be concerned as the interim moving forward.  You said:  Good man, passionate about the TEAM.  That is usually what administrators look for in a coach.  The last thing EH people should look for right now are wins.  The last 6-7 years for East Hickman have been brutal.  I keep hearing stories of great kids walking the hallway not wanting to play.  They need to hire someone who can fix the culture and get kids out of the hallway and get administration on their side and share the same vision.  

The last thing they should be looking for is WINS!!!! Wow did you actually say that, wins are like sales in business, make enough of them and all your pain goes away. Also you want the kids to come back then WIN!!! I agree that the next coach needs to restore confidence in the program and unite the student body to get the players to come back, but none of that will matter if he isn't a good coach and isn't able to develop the talent he has. Sometimes as a coach you have to manufacture WINS !!

Edited by BAMABOY72

23 hours ago, BAMABOY72 said:

The last thing they should be looking for is WINS!!!! Wow did you actually say that, wins are like sales in business, make enough of them and all your pain goes away. Also you want the kids to come back then WIN!!! I agree that the next coach needs to restore confidence in the program and unite the student body to get the players to come back, but none of that will matter if he isn't a good coach and isn't able to develop the talent he has. Sometimes as a coach you have to manufacture WINS !!

Why Yes, yes I did. I even said it out loud.  When the culture of a program is as bad as it has been at East Hickman, then the culture needs to be fixed.  Get the kids out and wins will probably follow, in due time.  Not right away.  Notice I did not say the "new coach" should not worry about wins.  Coaches always worry about wins. That is a given.  People in Lyles, Wrigley, Bon Aqua & the occasional kid from Santa Fe that may cross the border need to worry about their child being in a good culture.