Adamsville and Scotts Hill fight

Macnarry

23 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Because it’s a totally different scenario!  There should be criminal charges filed from the video I seen of the Memphis teams fight. Thus the term thugs and criminals. No one called individuals out by name did they?  Your  racial prejudice shines through.  

you right! the scotts hill video looked worst than the Memphis video! Criminal charges should be filed in that case too! so that makes them thugs and criminals to right?

• 1 month later...

TSSAA ruling is in, legal action has been filed, and everyone is done with basketball… time for me to give my opinion.

First, the facts. I was in a room the following morning when the lead official stated her opinions and what would be in the TSSAA report. She stated that she witnessed an Adamsville player throw the initial punch, and that their team collectively left their bench area and approached Scotts Hills bench. Video shows multiple players from both teams throwing punches, Adamsville's coach strike one of our kids (manager), and several fan's from both sides eventually on the court.

What I saw. Tie game, Loose ball at our free throw line picked up by A'ville player, he turns up the floor and contacts our player, causing him to drop the ball. SH player grabs the ball, throws it to SH player under our basket, he scores. I look at the clock as the ball goes in and there's seven tenths of a second. I look to the floor and A'ville coach charges toward the 'ref (3/4 court , SH side) where the contact was (no call), with several players following. First contact that I see is A'ville player hits our assistant coach in the back, in front of the scorers table.

My opinion. Although there were several kids throwing punches from both schools, I feel that the fight was initiated by two individuals only... Adamsville's coach and the player throwing the first punch. I completely agree that TSSAA rules for throwing punches should apply to anyone involved, but feel that long term  sanctions against SH as a team are unwarranted... simply put, we were where we were supposed to be, and only reacted to the aggression in defense. I don't believe that the coach intended anything other than to argue the "no call", but running onto the floor screaming incited his team. The contact with our kid however, was reprehensible... multiple video's show coach running full bore and blindsiding our 14 year old, 110 pound manager with a forearm to the side of his face/head.

What didn't happen. Rumors say that adults threw punches and kicks at kids, racial remarks were made in the "handshake line", ect… nope. While I don't pretend to know what was/wasn't spoken, there was no handshake line where the slur reportedly was made, and multiple video's exist from several angles, none of which show any adult doing anything other than separating players.

• 5 months later...
On 3/17/2019 at 9:01 AM, tradertwo said:

TSSAA ruling is in, legal action has been filed, and everyone is done with basketball… time for me to give my opinion.

First, the facts. I was in a room the following morning when the lead official stated her opinions and what would be in the TSSAA report. She stated that she witnessed an Adamsville player throw the initial punch, and that their team collectively left their bench area and approached Scotts Hills bench. Video shows multiple players from both teams throwing punches, Adamsville's coach strike one of our kids (manager), and several fan's from both sides eventually on the court.

What I saw. Tie game, Loose ball at our free throw line picked up by A'ville player, he turns up the floor and contacts our player, causing him to drop the ball. SH player grabs the ball, throws it to SH player under our basket, he scores. I look at the clock as the ball goes in and there's seven tenths of a second. I look to the floor and A'ville coach charges toward the 'ref (3/4 court , SH side) where the contact was (no call), with several players following. First contact that I see is A'ville player hits our assistant coach in the back, in front of the scorers table.

My opinion. Although there were several kids throwing punches from both schools, I feel that the fight was initiated by two individuals only... Adamsville's coach and the player throwing the first punch. I completely agree that TSSAA rules for throwing punches should apply to anyone involved, but feel that long term  sanctions against SH as a team are unwarranted... simply put, we were where we were supposed to be, and only reacted to the aggression in defense. I don't believe that the coach intended anything other than to argue the "no call", but running onto the floor screaming incited his team. The contact with our kid however, was reprehensible... multiple video's show coach running full bore and blindsiding our 14 year old, 110 pound manager with a forearm to the side of his face/head.

What didn't happen. Rumors say that adults threw punches and kicks at kids, racial remarks were made in the "handshake line", ect… nope. While I don't pretend to know what was/wasn't spoken, there was no handshake line where the slur reportedly was made, and multiple video's exist from several angles, none of which show any adult doing anything other than separating players.

Scotts Hill appeal heard by TSSAA board of control today, and postseason ban/fine is lifted. TSSAA viewed the video of the altercation, read the lead officials report, and was advised of discipline already taken by the school's administration against all players throwing a punch, as well as proactive precautions against future occurrences/involvement. I view this as a validation of sorts for our kids, coaches, and administration. to say that we were innocent would be wrong...TSSAA rules are plain and simple, "no punches" to paraphrase, and we threw plenty, so we were technically guilty... the vindication is that we were attacked while celebrating a victory in front of our bench, we defended ourselves, and TSSAA took that into consideration by removing any remaining punishment for our admitted involvement.