Adamsville and Scotts Hill fight

Macnarry

8 hours ago, Macnarry said:

Reports are Adamsville and Scotts Hill had a fight after their game tonight. Adamsville had a player carried to hospital after having a seizure.

TSSAA is going to be unhappy. Scotts Hill coach is an Adamsville graduate.

Sad! Will these teams be punished like them Memphis teams? 

6 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Knowing that a kid “went to the hospital” this will have to be more severe than a 2 year postseason banned as a punishment for both teams, correct? If it was a 2 year banned from the postseason isn’t going to matter to either of these schools anyway.

That's a matter of opinion. It matters. I'm not going to go into details because of the investigation, but I have confidence that when the dust settles the truth of the matter will be made public. Sad situation, especially since these two schools have always had a healthy respect for one another.

8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

That's a matter of opinion. It matters. I'm not going to go into details because of the investigation, but I have confidence that when the dust settles the truth of the matter will be made public. Sad situation, especially since these two schools have always had a healthy respect for one another.

Was the kid that had the seizure actually one of the kids fighting? Just asking, with my experience around people that have a history of seizures, they are triggered by anger and excitement. So, just because a kid had a seizure doesn't mean he or she was part of the fight. Also, i HEARD they had a confrontation last season as well, not sure how true that is, so it may not be as healthy as we think. In these instances, i like to know what actually started the fight. In the Memphis videos you can actually see on a couple of them how the fights started. The video I saw of this one, i could only see a big crowd of people fighting. I agree with both sides above though, the fight and the punishment does matter, but neither team was in the position to make any type of tournament run as long as SS, NS and Chester are in that district and healthy. Just being honest

38 minutes ago, coachzero said:

Was it thugs and criminals fighting on that video?

All schools should be treated the same if the circumstances are the same. 

The schools are the ones that get hurt. In Memphis, the kids will transfer and the coaches will leave to go somewhere else to coach and the schools are on the hook for the ban. 

2 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

All schools should be treated the same if the circumstances are the same. 

The schools are the ones that get hurt. In Memphis, the kids will transfer and the coaches will leave to go somewhere else to coach and the schools are on the hook for the ban. 

Agreed and that’s where Memphis gets around a lot of this stuff. Players and coaches involved should have a 2 year suspension not just school from post season play. 

Edited by UCSportsFan