Adamsville and Scotts Hill fight

Macnarry

On 2/7/2019 at 6:27 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Coachzero is just trying to claim prejudice instead of pointing out the obvious. Assault is a crime and the video from the Memphis teams clearly shows crimes being committed. Defend and represent even when you’re wrong no matter the consequences. It’s unfortunate that this line of stinking thinking exists. 

but nobody is on here calling them thugs and criminals like the Memphis kids! SMH

1 hour ago, coachzero said:

but nobody is on here calling them thugs and criminals like the Memphis kids! SMH

Because it’s a totally different scenario!  There should be criminal charges filed from the video I seen of the Memphis teams fight. Thus the term thugs and criminals. No one called individuals out by name did they?  Your  racial prejudice shines through.  

2 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

If you look closely at the videos, Wooddale had no players leave the bench or throw a punch. It was a Melrose player throwing the punches and then fans stormed the court. The Westwood video seemed to be mostly fans as well. Supposedly, Westwood is not letting this die down easy?

That was important in Wooddale being allowed back into the postseason but still on probation. 

The coaches have no control over some of these things but the blame will be put on the school and game administrators. There must be control. If you've never been to a big game where the gym is crowded and things get heated you really don't understand how things can go south quick. 

8 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

That was important in Wooddale being allowed back into the postseason but still on probation. 

The coaches have no control over some of these things but the blame will be put on the school and game administrators. There must be control. If you've never been to a big game where the gym is crowded and things get heated you really don't understand how things can go south quick. 

I hear that in the tssaa meeting that they emphasized that the crowd control in the responsibility of the admin and security. Its the schools job to have enough security to secure the floor. It all essentially falls back on the principal and AD.

2 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I hear that in the tssaa meeting that they emphasized that the crowd control in the responsibility of the admin and security. Its the schools job to have enough security to secure the floor. It all essentially falls back on the principal and AD.

Correct. It's nothing to see 10+ MPD at a game in Memphis. I'm sure it's similar in Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville but these small towns only have 1 cop on duty sometimes. Where do you get and pay for the extra security? 

A few years ago I was watching my nephew play a baseball game in Tiptonville. I grew up in the area and know how small it is. There was a 3-day tournament that had over 8 teams and hundreds of spectators. After 5 pm the City of Tiptonville had 1 police officer on duty. How could one man do anything with that many people in one place if something went wrong?

There is a lesson in this.  Before one casts stones from a self-righteous perspective by thinking his/her school and students do no wrong, please be mindful these are high school kids.  Excuse the conduct? No way! But before jumping on or even reveling in another school's misfortune, just know that given long enough, there is a real chance you will be in the same place. I hope this hits home for a conspicuously absent poster and brings some well-deserved humility.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:00 PM, tradertwo said:

That's a matter of opinion. It matters. I'm not going to go into details because of the investigation, but I have confidence that when the dust settles the truth of the matter will be made public. Sad situation, especially since these two schools have always had a healthy respect for one another.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, tradertwo said:

Thank you for being respectful. The kid having the seizure was involved in the fight. I don't believe that there was a confrontation last season, and if so, it was definitely not physical. I have a strong opinion on who's actions started the fight, and I know without question who threw the opening punches, but you'll have to allow me to reserve that until after the investigation, and I believe that it will be made clear without my opinion at that time. The fight matters, because to the general public, both schools are now known as "the teams involved in a brawl", regardless of the circumstances, and to their fanbases because of the mutual respect and great sportsmanship shown to each other by both in the past. I will agree that neither team has the potential to upset the applecart and alter the top district/region tournament results, but the actions of one or two people shouldn't result in a fight being the last time those seniors will wear their respective jerseys.

Some things that I will give my opinion on...

The two head coaches are very good friends, having grown up, played, and coached together at Adamsville. Scotts Hill's current assistant coach is the son of former Adamsville Coach, and current McNairy County Director of Schools. Our former football coach and his offensive coordinator were at Adamsville previously, and our recently hired head coach was their head baseball coach, and football defensive coordinator for the past ten seasons, who still teaches two courses there in the mornings, and drives over in the afternoons for football here. Add to all that the fact that it was senior night. Long way to say that emotions were at their peak, it was a close game, and there was a critical non call from the ref's in the last second or two of the game. One person lost their cool (IMO), and everybody knows the end result.

19 hours ago, chainsaw2 said:

There is a lesson in this.  Before one casts stones from a self-righteous perspective by thinking his/her school and students do no wrong, please be mindful these are high school kids.  Excuse the conduct? No way! But before jumping on or even reveling in another school's misfortune, just know that given long enough, there is a real chance you will be in the same place. I hope this hits home for a conspicuously absent poster and brings some well-deserved humility.

Absent???