AAA Individual State Preview

Bump11

31 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

So you have a seeding meeting like any other tourney. I would bet that most coaches who care at all would make sure they’re there and get the brackets drawn as best as possible. 

Not to be a smart a** but did you not read what I said about the reasons the TSSAA would not seed the state tournament?  I am not saying that it couldn't be done but the coaches DO NOT seed the NCAA D1 tournament as it is done by a seeding committee.  To have a seeding meeting on the Sunday afternoon after the regional tournaments were completed and allow the coaches to participate would be a nightmare and could take 30+ minutes per weight classification.  Like I will continue to say if all schools were combined for one individual state tournament with the wrestlers being required to qualify beginning with a district tournament and then a regional tournament and the top wrestlers moving on to a 32 man bracket for the state tournament.  Being that one individual state tournament will NEVER gain enough support to even have the idea considered I see absolutely no reason to push for a true seeded state tournament.  

20 minutes ago, cbg said:

Not to be a smart a** but did you not read what I said about the reasons the TSSAA would not seed the state tournament?  I am not saying that it couldn't be done but the coaches DO NOT seed the NCAA D1 tournament as it is done by a seeding committee.  To have a seeding meeting on the Sunday afternoon after the regional tournaments were completed and allow the coaches to participate would be a nightmare and could take 30+ minutes per weight classification.  Like I will continue to say if all schools were combined for one individual state tournament with the wrestlers being required to qualify beginning with a district tournament and then a regional tournament and the top wrestlers moving on to a 32 man bracket for the state tournament.  Being that one individual state tournament will NEVER gain enough support to even have the idea considered I see absolutely no reason to push for a true seeded state tournament.  

Again, I don’t know any coach that wouldn’t sit through that meeting, regardless of time, to ensure the best possible path for their kids. 

I guess I’ll get things started...

106 - Trae McDaniel

113 - Jackson Bradford

120 - Michael Cannon

126 - Brayden Palmer

132 - Christian Isbell

138 - Dillon Pendley

145 - Grant Lundy

152 - Austin Sweeney

160 - Dalton Cockman

170 - Chase Diehl

182 - Austin Antcliffe

195 - Devin Gibson

220 - Skylar Coffey

285 - Michael Kramer

1 hour ago, cougars130 said:

The fact there is a kid 0-23 in the state tournament blows my mind and also seeded higher then kids with wins is crazy. Some regions should also be top 2 go to state where region 7&8 get top 6 go since they actually have mostly full brackets. 

0-23? Where do you see that?

39 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

0-23? Where do you see that?

It’s there I just don’t want to call the kid out I’m just saying. How is it fair that their are some regions who can just walk into the state tournament when others work their butt off all year just to make it to the tournament why not bring back the drawing system where some weight classes got to have top four go to state and other top 3. 

The regions that can’t fill an 8 man bracket have to draw cards which tells them what weight classes get top 3 go to state and the other weight classes the top 2 go to state then region 6 and 7 get those additional remaining spots for the state tournament.