Mr. Basketball 2018-19 NE TN

KnoxBball1969

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, KnoxBball1969 said:

He is a fantastic player. Great family too

Yes, Atwood is the best boy's basketball player in NE Tennessee(Tri-Cities area) for sure. The other 2 closest players to Atwood from this area would be Marae Foreman from Dobyns-Bennett & Chad Heglar from Daniel Boone but they are both just behind Atwood.

I've seen Blake Atwood play twice this season & he is a tough guy to guard. He's 6'2" but he's physical, strong, athletic, & skillful. Nobody from this area anyhow has been able to stop him. He's double-teamed an awful lot too but he can even beat those type defenses as well.

He's a very good passer but the Longhorns look for him to score as expected. He's also a great rebounder @ 6'2". I think his father being the head coach shows the bloodline of basketball in Atwood. He's just a very solid & well-rounded basketball player. He's also from a great family as well so the kid has great character. I don't know where he will play college basketball but whatever school that gets him is getting a really good basketball player & even better person.

Edited by tonybologna
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Couldn’t agree more! The guard from Mo East is great too.. but Atwood has to be the best player east of Morristown.

I got to see Cameron Rymer from Morristown East play in the Arby's Classic in December. Very impressive player. He can shoot, pass, steal the ball, & he's a decent rebounder especially for his size. I also think Brandon Ilic who is the 6'8" big guy for them is going to be a special player. He's just a freshman. Can dunk the ball in so many different ways & is an excellent shot blocker with plenty of offensive skills as well(both as a back to the basket scorer & face up as well).

I think Morristown East just might make some noise in the Regionals too. Back to Atwood. He can himself carry Johnson County. They lost a couple games down the stretch(1 in the regular season & 1 in the District Tourney) but they have a good enough supporting cast for Atwood to probably make the Regional Tourney Championship game. However, there are 4-5 teams capable of winning Region 1-AA. They just need to make the Championship Game though for Atwood & the gang to advance to the Sectionals which I give them a better than 50% chance in doing so. Thanks.