No one is talking about the Revenge #5 Macon Co got on #1 Upperman

Tez2319

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Macon was supposed to have the better team this year after Upperman graduated two time Miss Basketball along with other very talented seniors the last two years and had back to back state championships so why is this a revenge game?  Keep in mind Upperman soundly beat Macon in Baxter so if I was a Macon County fan I’d be cautious about bragging rights. There is a lot of basketball yet to be played and some very good teams left on the board to deal with before you can say you have revenge. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Macon was supposed to have the better team this year after Upperman graduated two time Miss Basketball along with other very talented seniors the last two years and had back to back state championships so why is this a revenge game?  Keep in mind Upperman soundly beat Macon in Baxter so if I was a Macon County fan I’d be cautious about bragging rights. There is a lot of basketball yet to be played and some very good teams left on the board to deal with before you can say you have revenge. 

Doesn't matter what they "suppose" to have.  To be the man, you have to beat the man.  Upperman is the defending State champs until someone knocks them off.  I think that is Upperman's first district loss in how long?????  Yeah it was a pretty big deal and got the monkey off Macon's back.  

15 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Doesn't matter what they "suppose" to have.  To be the man, you have to beat the man.  Upperman is the defending State champs until someone knocks them off.  I think that is Upperman's first district loss in how long?????  Yeah it was a pretty big deal and got the monkey off Macon's back.  

55 straight . Unfortunately the Monkey won't be off Macon's back till they win that State title.  3 silver monkeys in the trophy case. Fair or unfair. It is what it is.

3 hours ago, repoman said:

Revenge game ? Only way that could happen if Bullington came back from Macon and older Hurst and older Levy came back from Upperman.  New year new teams.

I disagree!! Upperman is the Defending State Champs!! I look at it differently, new year same champion until somebody beats the champs! 

Edited by Tez2319

Yea slow your roll with popping off about a regular season game, when all it means is they split the season series. It matters that it was the first win in a long time, and can give the girls some belief, but post season is what really matters and the reality is that until you beat them in them then they still are sitting top of the mountain. 

But I will say that while they aren't gold, there's a lot of programs that would dream of having 3 silver trophies. 2 plays away from it being 2 gold and a silver. So there's plenty for MC to be proud of. This year's team lack of size will be their achilles heel if they get beat, and missed layups. But there's a chance, and we'll roll with that.