Upperman 2019

57 minutes ago, HC116 said:

I honestly have no idea on the AHS front, just repeating what I heard. I always expect Alcoa to be in it in the end, would be a fool to think that stopped now.

Holler at me before the semi final game. If both teams make it, its in Alcoa this year. Always good to meet fellow coach T folks get something to eat and talk HS football, et.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, 32hammer said:

Holler at me before the semi final game. If both teams make it, its in Alcoa this year. Always good to meet fellow coach T folks get something to eat and talk HS football, et.

Thats when the Bees get hammered by the F5 Tonadoes!:thumb:

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 12:13 PM, HC116 said:

Cookeville has a big QB problem. Having a guy starting that hasn’t taken a snap against the UHS defense will be tough on a lot of levels. Caine is running a better program at the moment than Cookeville. Your point about sheer numbers is certainly valid and could be true, but UHS has about 40 kids and has some depth on the lines where it is really important.

Squatch and York are definitely the threats to UHS in the District. The other teams... not so much. They haven’t gotten 30 points better compared to UHS which they would have to to make up the gap. The Bee offense won’t be as explosive, but the defense will be. Grundy, Cannon and Smith won’t be able to hang in 2019 imo. Oneida is an interesting game, not sure what they have coming back but I’ll take the strong UHS defense.

I don’t think it’ll be as easy of a road to 10-0 again this year, but I think it happens.

I expect the Bees to beat the Cavs once again this year. However their QB will not be the reason. He has played ALOT of football and is a close match for the upperman kid as an athlete.  Super intelligent. Works hard. Has speed for days. Probably more elusive in the open field as a runner. Probably not as good of a passer and less experienced. I would imagine they will bring a heavy option game due to his strength as a runner. He will be the best QB they have had in awhile. He will bring a running threat cookeville hasnt had at that position.  Excited to see what he brings as a starter. Probably be the best QB UHS will face all regular season IMO.  Kid will be a star his senior season. You heard it here first. 

Edited by MadHatter1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Smith will beat them this season. I'm telling you don't sleep on Smith County there going to remind everyone this yr that the Owls are still a team to never over look.  Seen Squatch against Dekalb in the spring and it was sad. Dekalb absolutely beat the heck out of them. Yes it was spring bla bla bla. It didn't matter to Dekalb it was spring. Smith and UHS will be the only 2 teams at the top of this division I think the Owls win it. 

On 8/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, dragonrider said:

Yeah, couldn't even score on Clay County in scrimmage.  I guess that undefeated talk will go away

Lol would of scored almost every drive of it wasnt 10 play series. Most every Clay county play was negative yardage. We started slow last year also. With that being said them boys from Celina would probably beat half our region. Played the backup QB for half of it also. We may not go undefeated but we will be smashing York for sure. 

On 8/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, Hellidontno said:

Smith will beat them this season. I'm telling you don't sleep on Smith County there going to remind everyone this yr that the Owls are still a team to never over look.  Seen Squatch against Dekalb in the spring and it was sad. Dekalb absolutely beat the heck out of them. Yes it was spring bla bla bla. It didn't matter to Dekalb it was spring. Smith and UHS will be the only 2 teams at the top of this division I think the Owls win it. 

heck I Do know thats not going to happen. Arent you the same cat that predicted a Dekalb win last year? 

10 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

heck I Do know thats not going to happen. Arent you the same cat that predicted a Dekalb win last year? 

Bubba I was a yr early ask around Dekalb is back and and Got a great class of Seniors and Juniors that are great. I'm absolutely ready for this season to start.  Smith will beat Upperman this yr. Look Coaching can absolutely get you a long way but talent wise I know what the Beez have and I know what the Owls have. Owls win.