We need SHOT CLOCKS asap!

FBfan26

12 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I have mixed emotions on this: I want it, because I think teams need to play at a fast, controlled tempo on occasions, BUT at the same time, the smaller schools with no depth wouldn't have a chance anymore. Pros and cons to it.

You want high school teams to play faster than they already do?

You're right about the small schools suffering. Places in rural Tennessee where basketball isn't important will see a major decline in basketball quality. Think about that. Places like Gleason, Greenfield, Scott's Hill, Bruceton etc... (top of my head nobody take offense please)  will be forced to take more shots per game. 

High school sports are so much more than entertainment. If you want entertainment then watch college and pro. Don't force something on high school kids that will make the quality of the game suffer more than it already does.

On 2/9/2019 at 11:54 AM, uknoit2 said:

Bigger question: WHO you gonna trust to operate it??

EXACTLY! whos gonna pay for em and whos gonna run em? I see it at least every other game, the parent who is running the clock for free admission and a hot dog screws something up on accident and the refs spend 10 minutes fixing it. Also can you imagine the uproar about the ball touching the rim and no reset or vice versa! I wouldnt want to be the person doing that job!

• Upvote 1