Tennessee HS football

FBfan26

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

We fly a Lone Star flag, next to the Tri Star flag at Sam Houston School House. 

We have little bit of Texas prominently display at our home in beautiful downtown Powell. 

T for Texas T for Tennessee. 

20190724_133501.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, Red Rebels said:

Here are Oklahoma's numbers for comparison:

Class 6A Division I – Largest 16 football playing schools

Class 6A Division II – Next largest 16 football playing schools

Class 5A – Next largest 32 football playing schools

Class 4A – Next largest 32 football playing schools

Class 3A – Next largest 32 football playing schools

Class 2A – Next largest 64 football playing schools

Classes A –Remaining 11-man football playing schools

Classes B & C –The remaining eight-man football playing schools to total 80 make up Class B, the smallest 32 eight-man football playing schools make up Class C

6A-I

1. Broken Arrow 5037.73 2. Union 4688.77 3. Jenks 3381.31 4. Owasso 2958.14 5. Mustang 2846.07 6. Edmond North 2561.27 7. Yukon 2464.93 8. Moore 2353.00 9. Westmoore 2323.00 10. Norman North 2321.51 11. Edmond Santa Fe 2237.72 12. Edmond Memorial 2187.74 13. Norman 2007.19 14. Southmoore 1936.00 15. Putnam City North 1806.71 16. Enid 1798.02

6A-II

1. Putnam City 1749.22 2. Sand Springs 1730.47 3. Bartlesville 1721.69 4. Bixby 1715.08 5. Putnam City West 1707.22 6. Choctaw 1638.11 7. Lawton 1605.01 8. Stillwater 1544.77 9. Muskogee 1538.72 10. Deer Creek-Edmond 1528.57 11. Ponca City 1411.14 12. Sapulpa 1398.15 13. Midwest City 1309.51 14. Shawnee 1305.54 15. Booker T. Washington 1287.10 16. Del City 1281.91

RR, Lawton is not that good.  The clone is stationed there at Fort Sill and they are trying to get the clone as a Volunteer line coach.  Unfortunately he is already doing it at Elgin (suburb) and is where the Grandkids go to.  Grandson started Pee Wee this week!

I learned about Texas High School football in the middle 70's when I was dating a young Lady from near Odessa.  I went with her to her home one weekend.  She insisted I get off early so we could get there for the Friday night football game.  I asked her what the big deal was and she told me to drive and watch when we got there.  That was the first time I ever saw a WHOLE town shut down to go to the game!  They ALL knew their football also.  Only ones not watching the game the entire time was babies in diapers.   From reports I get from friends there still, it has NOT changed.

When has anyone in Tennessee seen a whole town shut down for a regular Friday night game.  Playoffs Yes, but not a regular game.  Maryville vs. Alcoa is probably the closest we have in Tennessee.

For fun visit 'SKIDMORE', Texas some time.  Family went for the fight and stayed to found a town.  When I saw it, it consisted of two gas stations and a cat house.  Down near the Corpus Christy Naval Station. 

Edited by Lost Old Dad

57 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

RR, Lawton is not that good.  The clone is stationed there at Fort Sill and they are trying to get the clone as a Volunteer line coach.  Unfortunately he is already doing it at Elgin (suburb) and is where the Grandkids go to.  Grandson started Pee Wee this week!

I learned about Texas High School football in the middle 70's when I was dating a young Lady from near Odessa.  I went with her to her home one weekend.  She insisted I get off early so we could get there for the Friday night football game.  I asked her what the big deal was and she told me to drive and watch when we got there.  That was the first time I ever saw a WHOLE town shut down to go to the game!  They ALL knew their football also.  Only ones not watching the game the entire time was babies in diapers.   From reports I get from friends there still, it has NOT changed.

When has anyone in Tennessee seen a whole town shut down for a regular Friday night game.  Playoffs Yes, but not a regular game.  Maryville vs. Alcoa is probably the closest we have in Tennessee.

For fun visit 'SKIDMORE', Texas some time.  Family went for the fight and stayed to found a town.  When I saw it, it consisted of two gas stations and a cat house.  Down near the Corpus Christy Naval Station. 

I saw Hartsville do it when Gallatin came to town a few years ago.   8000 at least in attendance and they shut the town down at 12.  

59 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Smith county I cant remember what year lol. We rolled into town and I think they was underfeated. 

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:03 PM, dawgs82 said:

Lost Old Dad, not calling you out but you might check out Greenback on a Friday night home game. Ghost town! Lol I think you can see it often with your smaller division schools throughout the state. 

Small town football is FUN football.  Some of the schools have forgotten that playing HS football is supposed to be FUN!

This is from way back, when Chattanooga Central and Oak Ridge got together in the 1950s and 1960s the crowds would hit 10,000. Many of the games had mythical state championships on the line and one year a National Title. Oak Ridge was named 1958 National Champions.

A weird thing has happened several times in Oak Ridge recently. The regular season home crowd is good. The Away regular season and  Playoff games following is great. The home Playoff crowd is just okay. 

Hey Oak Ridge fans, did i get that right? Post if you agree/disagree.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

This is from way back, when Chattanooga Central and Oak Ridge got together in the 1950s and 1960s the crowds would hit 10,000. Many of the games had mythical state championships on the line and one year a National Title. Oak Ridge was named 1958 National Champions.

A weird thing has happened several times in Oak Ridge recently. The regular season home crowd is good. The Away regular season and  Playoff games following is great. The home Playoff crowd is just okay. 

Hey Oak Ridge fans, did i get that right? Post if you agree/disagree.

I agree 100%!

• Like 1