Who you got top ten in AA for 2019

Dimonddad

On 2/11/2019 at 1:20 PM, BallGenius said:

not sure about a full 10.. but sweetwater should be pretty good. they have a really nice pitcher coming back. meigs lost rogers and reed so not expecting much from the defending champs

Meigs has been successful in the past without Rodgers and Reed. Don’t lower your expectations too far, this will still be a competitive team. ERA might be a smidge higher than the last few years. 

On 2/13/2019 at 5:34 PM, TigerNation said:

Meigs has been successful in the past without Rodgers and Reed. Don’t lower your expectations too far, this will still be a competitive team. ERA might be a smidge higher than the last few years. 

Meigs lost more than just Rogers and Reed they lost like seven kids total didn't they ? I think if Sequatchie County plays the way they can with Turner pitching they will win that region 

13 hours ago, Dimonddad said:

Meigs lost more than just Rogers and Reed they lost like seven kids total didn't they ? I think if Sequatchie County plays the way they can with Turner pitching they will win that region 

Lost 4, and I have no grand expectations of them winning a fourth consecutive championship, but they won’t immediately become a bottom feeder. 

On February 17, 2019 at 3:21 PM, Dimonddad said:

They need a bit more consistency at the plate overall and in the field but all teams can say that. Seq brings back a Best of Preps (Chattanooga/N Georgia metro all stars) pitcher (jr); BOP and UTC commit IF-OF (soph), an all-district tournament OF (soph) who killed the ball in travel play, IF-OF (jr) who was playing well before being injured last year, volleyball signee (sr) who could have signed for softball and can play multiple spots, IF-OF (jr) who had a BOP type season in 9th grade and was injured last year, among others. A very good 9th grade group with a UTC commit and others who have played a lot of ball will push for time, too. They need another pitcher to step up but the potential is there, and positions need to be settled as quickly as can especially with district games early in the season. Lots of good things could be on the way but there are good opponents in the path thinking the same thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 1:20 PM, BallGenius said:

not sure about a full 10.. but sweetwater should be pretty good. they have a really nice pitcher coming back. meigs lost rogers and reed so not expecting much from the defending champs

That’s interesting Meigs played Sweetwater 5 times last year and beat them with a combined run total of 50 to 1. It looks like pitching did it’s job but to give up 50 runs in 5 games ether the defense is not very good or Meigs has some good hitters.

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

That’s interesting Meigs played Sweetwater 5 times last year and beat them with a combined run total of 50 to 1. It looks like pitching did it’s job but to give up 50 runs in 5 games ether the defense is not very good or Meigs has some good hitters.

Don’t follow softball a whole lot, just went and watched Sweetwater at state and also watched meigs while I was there. I should have clarified myself. Meigs will definitely be a solid team, could probably beat Sweetwater, I’m just not sure who they have returning besides reed and the b-ball player (Kenny). If they make it to state, those two will have to carry them

On 3/9/2019 at 2:12 PM, BallGenius said:

Don’t follow softball a whole lot, just went and watched Sweetwater at state and also watched meigs while I was there. I should have clarified myself. Meigs will definitely be a solid team, could probably beat Sweetwater, I’m just not sure who they have returning besides reed and the b-ball player (Kenny). If they make it to state, those two will have to carry them

You're obviously not aware of the juniors and seniors who's play the last few years has helped Meigs win state. They're a young team though this year with about 13 freshmen and sophomores of a 19 player roster. 
Sweetwater will have their best team in years.  Glad to see some other district teams getting better to make it more interesting.