District 14AA

Bobcats83

2 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

That's kinda how i feel, that's why I said if she asserts herself. She has the size to dominate in any game, but I wonder why Lott lets her roam around the 3 point line so much. Its ok to step out sometimes but she should be on that block. No way she shouldn't be averaging at least 20 and 10 easy.

She allowed to play the perimeter cause she shoots a high percentage from three and can drive and score..pass and cut..why do I have to keep getting on here defending her game..come out of that zone and she will post up..

59 minutes ago, Jwarren321 said:

First off shes not a post player..never been..second .why would she go down in the lane to get smothered ..every team in the district knows to double her and sag off cause they know we dont have shooters this year..watch film on what happens when you don't pack the lane..yall are supposed to know basketball

Call her whatever you want....i seen her post up with Team Pride a bunch and she was pretty dominant when doing so against alot tougher competition then she sees in the district. In high school ball to me she would be more effective down low being she is the tallest player in the district and region. At least she would get the putbacks and offensive rebounds that McNairy is currently not getting. In college I see her in the 3 or 4 in college. Lots of girls play out of position in high school. Nobody on this thread is saying she is a bad player. The comment before me asked why don’t her coach play her down low and like I said it seems to me he runs the offense through her up top. She making a great move going to Flight this summer. Coach Cliff will develop her very well.

17 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Call her whatever you want....i seen her post up with Team Pride a bunch and she was pretty dominant when doing so against alot tougher competition then she sees in the district. In high school ball to me she would be more effective down low being she is the tallest player in the district and region. At least she would get the putbacks and offensive rebounds that McNairy is currently not getting. In college I see her in the 3 or 4 in college. Lots of girls play out of position in high school. Nobody on this thread is saying she is a bad player. The comment before me asked why don’t her coach play her down low and like I said it seems to me he runs the offense through her up top. She making a great move going to Flight this summer. Coach Cliff will develop her very well.

How many games have you seen this year ..she does post up..she is more of scorer facing the basket and thats a fact..she will not be a post where she is going to end up.if you seen her posting and scoring it was against man to man defense every team doubles and sags againt her in the district..why would you limit a player that can shoot .cut.and drive with either hand..im confused

Edited by Jwarren321

10 minutes ago, Jwarren321 said:

How many games have you seen this year ..she does post up..she is more of scorer facing the basket and thats a fact..she will not be a post where she is going to end up

My calendar says I seen 14 of her games throughout this season. In those games she posted up occasionally but I would not say watching her in HS ball that she plays the 5 spot. She played up top 90% of those games. Again nobody is critiquing your girl. She is a good player with a great frame. I think everyone here including me was critiquing the coach. 

1 minute ago, AllVolHere said:

My calendar says I seen 14 of her games throughout this season. In those games she posted up occasionally but I would not say watching her in HS ball that she plays the 5 spot. She played up top 90% of those games. Again nobody is critiquing your girl. She is a good player with a great frame. I think everyone here including me was critiquing the coach. 

She is more effective away from the basket..she gets smothered in the post with doubles and sags she can drive and pull up ..alot of times she's up top they attempt a pick and roll or pick and pop..doesnt always work 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jwarren321 said:

She is more effective away from the basket..she gets smothered in the post with doubles and sags she can drive and pull up ..alot of times she's up top they attempt a pick and roll or pick and pop..doesnt always work 

I see that and that is exactly what I was telling the one who commented. She can see above most defenses for the pass in  or roll off and drive but the rest of the team is not on the same page or near as effective. She will look good doing that at the next level it just dont work at McNairy. As for HS, if she is down low she breaks up any zone defense with the double team but then again you got to have consistent shooters on the outside to keep the defense honest. Her up top at McNairy IMO makes them less effective and makes it easier to defend everyone else. Yall are one good shooter away from getting to the boro

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jwarren321 said:

I think it's the opposite..when he put Darby down low instead of her the defense plan was shook..everybodys game plan is stop her in the paint..two girls on her away from the basket is the reason Darby is able to contribute..she is averaging27/8/6blocks in the tounament.because she is not stuck in the post

She gonna get her numbers no matter where she is at becuase she is just that good. She just dont have a supporting casts to fill the gaps....the rest of the team dont have those stats. The good thing for her though is she is playing exactly how she will probably be playing at the next level unlike these 5’8 girls playing the post their entire HS career knowing they won’t play that in college

When you men win over 800 games, then maybe your words will mean more. Khyla is more effective playing outside and Coach Lott knows that is true. It is easier for the opposition to bottle her up if she only posts up. 

Coach Lott was winning games before most of you were born. He does not need the help of a message board to help him coach. Just because Khyla is 6-2 does not mean she has to play down low.

17 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

She gonna get her numbers no matter where she is at becuase she is just that good. She just dont have a supporting casts to fill the gaps....the rest of the team dont have those stats. The good thing for her though is she is playing exactly how she will probably be playing at the next level unlike these 5’8 girls playing the post their entire HS career knowing they won’t play that in college

She has hit 50 or more threes this season..but trust me she can score in the post..nobody watches more film on her than me..the teams that don't double and sag will realize that

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Macnarry said:

When you men win over 800 games, then maybe your words will mean more. Khyla is more effective playing outside and Coach Lott knows that is true. It is easier for the opposition to bottle her up if she only posts up. 

Coach Lott was winning games before most of you were born. He does not need the help of a message board to help him coach. Just because Khyla is 6-2 does not mean she has to play down low.

Maybe. Maybe not. What did yall get in the district??? Smaller teams bested yall all season with less talent. Thank god you got Kyla. Now unfortunately you got Crockett next that matches up better than any team you have played. Good luck

Edited by AllVolHere

8 hours ago, Bobcats83 said:

I said you would win district.  Crockett has talent and discipline.  They will win.  I’m not a SS hater.  Just my opinions don’t agree with yours

If it ends up with a SS and Crockett matchup, that'll be a hard one to pick. SS has the athletes, but do lack a lot of discipline when it comes to playing teams that are very disciplined. Crockett is well disciplined, but no where near as athletic as SS. If both teams get to this matchup, which I anticipate they will, could come down to coaching and whether or not CC will play a zone and make SS make some threes. I don't think the press from either team will really make much of a difference. My thoughts on it.