District 14AA

Bobcats83

2 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

If it ends up with a SS and Crockett matchup, that'll be a hard one to pick. SS has the athletes, but do lack a lot of discipline when it comes to playing teams that are very disciplined. Crockett is well disciplined, but no where near as athletic as SS. If both teams get to this matchup, which I anticipate they will, could come down to coaching and whether or not CC will play a zone and make SS make some threes. I don't think the press from either team will really make much of a difference. My thoughts on it. 

I agree. Hard to pick but feel shot selection may be huge and SS will take some bad ones allowing Crockett to pull it out 

5 hours ago, Jwarren321 said:

She allowed to play the perimeter cause she shoots a high percentage from three and can drive and score..pass and cut..why do I have to keep getting on here defending her game..come out of that zone and she will post up..

No need to defend her game. I know what I see and I've seen what she can do, good and bad, and on that team she's more effective on the block, IN MY OPINION. And I'm a SS fan and they dont play zone. 

3 hours ago, Macnarry said:

When you men win over 800 games, then maybe your words will mean more. Khyla is more effective playing outside and Coach Lott knows that is true. It is easier for the opposition to bottle her up if she only posts up. 

Coach Lott was winning games before most of you were born. He does not need the help of a message board to help him coach. Just because Khyla is 6-2 does not mean she has to play down low.

Over 800 games, that's an accomplishment all coaches would like to have. How many state tournament appearances or championships does he have since the 80s? Just curious

5 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Over 800 games, that's an accomplishment all coaches would like to have. How many state tournament appearances or championships does he have since the 80s? Just curious

Zero state appearances since 80 something 

Edited by Bobcats83
Spelling

27 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

No need to defend her game. I know what I see and I've seen what she can do, good and bad, and on that team she's more effective on the block, IN MY OPINION. And I'm a SS fan and they dont play zone. 

You are wrong..she is not more effective on the low block..zone or not she gets swarmed cause teams feel like they don't have worry about anybody but her..she gets missed in the post and gets bad entry passes all the time..she needs the ball on her hands and it don't happen all the time when she is in the paint..fact..

On 2/18/2019 at 11:29 PM, biggz1517 said:

Interesting! Sounds like another Hawk hater! I don’t have a dog in the race, but every time I get on here, someone has something negative to say about SS or counts them out for whatever reason. How? Have they not proven they’re the best around here? Lexington split with CC and SS whooped cow turds out of Lexington 2 out of 3 times! The first time, the score really don’t show what the game looks like. I’m a Madison High supporter but I know good basketball when I see it. I don’t think Crockett has a chance, better yet, anyone in this area! SS has the Miller girl that obviously no one in the district respects, but they are loaded with talent! 

Good luck with that prediction! Lol

Amen brother no one is respecting SS

Wrong thread post LOL but two games I think will be good ones:

McNairy at Crockett: I'm taking Crockett obviously, but I think McNairy makes it very interesting, as Crockett really doesn't have a matchup for Wade-Warren. I expect the Lady Cavs to press early and often to try and turn over the Lady Bobcats. If McNairy can rebound and limit turnovers, Crockett may sweat the entire game.

Dyersburg at Lexington: this one will come down to whoever makes enough shots to win. Dyersburg has been hot and cold all year, ditto for Lexington. If Dyersburg plays at their pace, they win. If Lexington can get Taylor and Beard going early, and the Lady Trojans get in foul trouble, the Lady Tigers could take this game.

Edited by dmm88
Wrong post

22 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

If it ends up with a SS and Crockett matchup, that'll be a hard one to pick. SS has the athletes, but do lack a lot of discipline when it comes to playing teams that are very disciplined. Crockett is well disciplined, but no where near as athletic as SS. If both teams get to this matchup, which I anticipate they will, could come down to coaching and whether or not CC will play a zone and make SS make some threes. I don't think the press from either team will really make much of a difference. My thoughts on it. 

Hopefully we can pull it off & face Westview! We owe them a favor!