AAA 120 lb Preview and Picks

Bump11

This bracket is loaded and is gonna be one of, if not the hardest one to predict. There’s probably 12-15 kids who belong near the podium. But we only get 6. Cannon is the favorite, but his road starts with a bang against Vance in rd 2 and only gets harder from there. On the bottom half, Clemmons is the favorite to make the final..but same as Cannon, his road will not be easy starting with Bridgeford in round 2. This bracket has all the makings to have fireworks and possibly a handful of upsets  

Final Picks:

1. Eli Clemmons (Lebanon)

2. Michael Cannon (Arlington)

3. William Witt (Cane Ridge)

4. Chase Bridgeford (Indy)

5. Jacob Haney (Lawrence Co)

6. Tyler McKeefery (Farragut)

One match away:

Cal Rogers (Tullahoma), Wes Devaney (Bradley)

Edited by Bump11

Reed Cannon is going to walk through this bracket.  It won’t even be close except for semi match with Witt.  

On the bottom side it’s going to be which one of the seniors,  Devaney, Haney, or Mckeffery realizes this is their last time at the show.   My guess it’s going to be Devaney.  

Ive got

semis

cannon v Witt

Haney v Devaney 

finals 

cannon v Devaney 

champ

Reed Cannon 

• Like 1

I have  to agree with Durdon. I’ve already seen multiple people picking Clemmons, and I just don’t see it. Somehow Cannon is being extremely underestimated. The past two seasons he has lost to a total of two Tennessee wrestlers...Noah Horst and Brayden Palmer. I don’t see anyone in the bracket that comes close to the caliber of those two wrestlers. Cannon already pinned Witt last year. Medina also beat Witt at state before being teched by Cannon 19-0. The same Medina that beat Clemmons this year. I’d be surprised if Cannon doesn’t bonus point his way through the bracket. No offense to the other kids, but the gap between Cannon and the rest of the field seems pretty big to me. As long as Cannon’s healthy, I can’t picture another wrestler getting to the top of the podium. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 10:56 PM, durdon said:

Reed Cannon is going to walk through this bracket.  It won’t even be close except for semi match with Witt.  

On the bottom side it’s going to be which one of the seniors,  Devaney, Haney, or Mckeffery realizes this is their last time at the show.   My guess it’s going to be Devaney.  

Ive got

semis

cannon v Witt

Haney v Devaney 

finals 

cannon v Devaney 

champ

Reed Cannon 

Maybe someone can help me understand why Witt and his coaches would take bottom against Cannon going into the 2nd period. Witt is better on his feet and riding hard on top is what Cannon does best. That choice is ultimately what was the deciding factor in this match. There are times when you don't automatically take down after your opponent defers. This SHOULD have been one of them. I'm sure Cannon said THANK YOU as soon the choice was made. Great match to both wrestlers!